Why Don't More African-Americans Embrace Judaism?

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I personally believe it's hard for most black people AA or not to embrace any religion other than christianity due to having it forced on them during colonization :yeshrug:

that was purposely done, too. cause the entire way whites taught the bible is all lies.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
“Judaism” is a religion invented by people who believe that black people exist because of a curse placed on Noah’s son Ham for fuccking his own mom and different animals in the ark.

none of this is in the Bible
Judaism predates Christianity though, so I don't understand that stateement.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I always thought Judaism was matrilineal :patrice:. Ive been referring to typical "oy vey seinfeld billy crystal" Judaism for the record.

I’ve heard that Judaism is passed down through the mother. Is it true? Does it matter?

Numbers 1:18 kjv
And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Amar'e Stoudemire is from my neck of the woods and last I checked he was apart of a christrian hebrew congregation.
P.S. even Amar'e Stoudemire is an Jew/Israelite (words are synonymous with one another).

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Numbers 1:18 kjv
And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.

the article i posted touches on this too, its seems its shifted throughout history

"According to traditional Jewish law, a person’s Jewish status is passed down through the mother. It is perhaps worth noting that in the biblical period, evidence points toward the custom of patrilineal descent, where children received their Israelite and tribal affiliation through their fathers. Patrilineal descent continues to be the practice of the community of Karaite Jews, whose Jewish legal framework differs significantly from rabbinic law and practice.

The tradition of matrilineal descent dates back at least to late antiquity. Why rabbinic Judaism embraced matrilineal descent is not entirely known. The often-repeated (though not necessarily true) reason given is that the identity of the mother is always certain, but not that of the father. Alternatively, it may have been influenced by the Roman legal system for determining personal status or from earlier rabbinic discussions regarding animals. For more on the subject, you might want to look at the book “The Beginnings of Jewishness” by Shaye J.D. Cohen.

Since the early 1980s, the more liberal Jewish movements, such as Reconstructionist and Reform, have embraced broader definitions of “who is a Jew” to include children with one Jewish parent, of any gender, if raised as Jews. The Conservative and Orthodox movements continue to hold by matrilineal descent, which would require that children born to non-Jewish mothers undergo conversion in order to be considered Jewish.
"

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
So it's no scriptural bases on why they switch traditions? The book says by the house of your father.
the article i posted touches on this too, its seems its shifted throughout history

"According to traditional Jewish law, a person’s Jewish status is passed down through the mother. It is perhaps worth noting that in the biblical period, evidence points toward the custom of patrilineal descent, where children received their Israelite and tribal affiliation through their fathers. Patrilineal descent continues to be the practice of the community of Karaite Jews, whose Jewish legal framework differs significantly from rabbinic law and practice.

The tradition of matrilineal descent dates back at least to late antiquity. Why rabbinic Judaism embraced matrilineal descent is not entirely known. The often-repeated (though not necessarily true) reason given is that the identity of the mother is always certain, but not that of the father. Alternatively, it may have been influenced by the Roman legal system for determining personal status or from earlier rabbinic discussions regarding animals. For more on the subject, you might want to look at the book “The Beginnings of Jewishness” by Shaye J.D. Cohen.

Since the early 1980s, the more liberal Jewish movements, such as Reconstructionist and Reform, have embraced broader definitions of “who is a Jew” to include children with one Jewish parent, of any gender, if raised as Jews. The Conservative and Orthodox movements continue to hold by matrilineal descent, which would require that children born to non-Jewish mothers undergo conversion in order to be considered Jewish.
"

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
With the resurgence of Judaism in Africa why aren't more African-Americans giving it a thought? I touch on this with my parents some. We're real close, but they even have preconceived notions on things such as this. They just finished telling me that they think Im crazy for wanting to convert. Even though, I told them that there's Hebrew tribes within the continent. So, what is it with Brehs going to Islam, our African religions, and Christianity, but not Judaism? The original Jews were Black and Semitic peoples.

Serious inquires only.

BTW around my way is a Black Hebrew Synagogue that subscribes to the Judaic tenets.
Too much Abrahamic religion and not enough science.