Why Dont More Adults Fix Their Teeth?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im talking alignment moreso than color.

Everytime i see an adult with jacked up teeth i just wonder why not get it fixed? What do you guys think? I think mainly cost/time/discomfort but maybe people dont care as much about teeth as i do?

Randon thought

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think there is a stigma against dentists about the pain and discomfort from adults thinking back to when they were kids. Lots of adults still have a huge fear of needles and that drill. Dental tech has come a loooooooong way since the 70s/80s. Ive seen people go in, get 2-3 extractions and go on about their day. Bridges and fillings look a lot better. No more metal fillings, now theyre tooth colored. Implants are the only real monster procedure these days and those are so expensive its not really in the budget for most people.

To answer your question though OP, I think health overall isn't seen as the priority it should be

Last edited:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Im talking alignment moreso than color.

Everytime i see an adult with jacked up teeth i just wonder why not get it fixed? What do you guys think? I think mainly cost/time/discomfort but maybe people dont care as much about teeth as i do?

Randon thought
My dad thew a right hand lead back when i was younger

Jacked up my girl ...i mean my grill

Fred

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
I think it's a mixture of how you were raised, cost and benefits package.

My teeth were crooked as fukk and I didn't want braces because I heard you had to have them on for a million months and wear a retainer for life so I did research and found out about Lumineers :blessed:

Just for the top row it cost me $12k and you couldn't do a payment plan :scust:

Aside from my laser eye surgery, Best $12k I ever spent :wow:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I had braces and my wife currently has braces, but to answer O/P question is that it is expensive AF.

A lot of insurances dont cover most parts of it either, because it's considered to be cosmetic and not something that actually puts your health at risk therefore insurance doesn't always cover it.

A lot of the people you see walking around with braces, invisalign, and other dental correcting tools are paying for it out of pocket.

Teeth can tell you a lot about a person.

Striving For Greatness

Get Certs or Die Tryin
Daps
I think it's a mixture of how you were raised, cost and benefits package.

My teeth were crooked as fukk and I didn't want braces because I heard you had to have them on for a million months and wear a retainer for life so I did research and found out about Lumineers :blessed:

Just for the top row it cost me $12k and you couldn't do a payment plan :scust:

Aside from my laser eye surgery, Best $12k I ever spent :wow:

:ohhh:

Any risk?

I read you have to get them redone every 10-20 years

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Insurance and cost.

To get ur teeth fixed it cost a arm and a leg

And its not easy to get dental insurance.

I think that the issue cost and insurance more than fear of dentist

Dental insurance is cheap. If people just go twice a year for their annual cleanings, brush on the regular and floss, then paying those insane costs for dental work wouldn't be a problem.