Why don't apple desktops sell better?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
was actually gonna grab a mac desktop for working from home but considering a PC cause I kinda wanna stream :jbhmm:

I dunno about the popularity but only folks I see getting desktops are gamers :manny:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Walled garden

:unimpressed: They just don't want to pay money to anyone else and STEAM has them cornered with markets hare and pricing

They build it they'll still sell though. They got all the tomb raider games on Mac why nothing else?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
People can't see that you have an apple product if it's stuck in your house.

LOL, I wouldn't say that. the apple laptop keyboards are so good now, they feel great to type on. plus, I don't like being tethered to my desk to use the computer. plus the macbook pro can connect to multiple 4K monitors out the box, so there's no need for even a docking station.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Price, and target market.

Apple desktops, at least as of late, seem to be geared toward power users, and as such, don't have the same reach as the MacBook line.

Think of it like this: if someone asked someone at an Apple Store, or in their online sales help what to get, the first thing they'll ask is something along the lines of "Do you do any editing? No? You're fine with a MacBook." Even the iMac landing page eventually gets to talking about how using Lightroom is better on it.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Also I still haven't heard a good reason why Apple hasn't entered the gaming space. Especially desktop gaming.

Don't tell me they couldnt partner up with AMD and shake shyt up at a super premium

I'm also surprised they haven't made an official TV yet. they make the set top box with the apps. and they make monitors. why not make an all-in-one display which has built in apple tv functionality?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I'm also surprised they haven't made an official TV yet. they make the set top box with the apps. and they make monitors. why not make an all-in-one display which has built in apple tv functionality?
they dont need that shyt :camby: . they would charge like 5 racks for that

Daps
im considering getting a desk top cuz well im bored as shyt.

Never had one for my own.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I just got my tech department to replace my chromebox with an imac last week. Told them I needed it so that I could make smilies and fukked up photoshops of co-workers that I don't like during my down time :lolbron:

pfx5mrp.jpg

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

was actually gonna grab a mac desktop for working from home but considering a PC cause I kinda wanna stream :jbhmm:

I dunno about the popularity but only folks I see getting desktops are gamers :manny:

desktops are the best
I hate laptops

Anything go wrong you can fix yourself. Keyboard not working on a desktop meh get a new one for like 15, on a laptop issa pain?
Charging port on a laptop messing up hassle to replace, screen messing up gotta go all macgyver trying to fix

Only good thing to me about a laptop is the portability.

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
I had a 2012 Mac mini I used forever to make beats and never had a problem with it. Always had more than enough power for all my DAW and VST’s. Only moved to Windows because I started programming seriously and gaming occasionally. That Mac mini is still going :wow: