Why doesn't anyone ever want to discuss the PS4?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So your saying you can show us where 1 million "different" people said they didn't Halo 4 :popcorn: If (when) you can't do that, you will know why YOU ARE A DUMBASS FANBOY :facepalm: I'm sure more people who didn't play the game said it sucks than the other way around. People like Fatboi1 who trashes the game you can find him playing CONSISTANTLY :deadmanny:
Uncharted 3? He hasn't played that game since 2012...

i cant prove millions liked it anymore than you can prove millions didnt. i can however say millions didnt like halo 4, then look it up

find out it has a reviewer score of 87 and a user score of 69, now im incline to not believe that user score cause fanboys will fake the numbers.

i dont care how much it sold, people i talk to say its good, im not a fan tho.

first off i dont know or care to know your real name, i know alot of bytches named courtney, you happen to be a bytch in my opinion.

second, you quote me on a conversation that you wernt even involved in and actually unknowingly back up my statement.

now since your comprehension skills have failed you, let me spell out in big words what i meant ( like they do in childrens books)

SAYING MILLIONS DIDNT LIKE SOMETHING IS AN ABSURD STATEMENT IN THE CONTEXT OF THE CONVO BECAUSE THERES NO REAL WAY TO KNOW THAT OTHER THAN USER SCORES.

i know you took that as me saying millions didnt like halo, i actually used halo as an example of a good game that i didnt like, when i looked up that metacritic score i was actually shocked at how low it was and denounced it as fanboy bullshyt in the same post you quoted but seemingly skipped.:umad:

the convo was about how just cause someone doesnt like something doesnt mean its trash.

third, please dont quote me, adding your 2 cent, if you dont even know what the fukk the convo was about:ufdup:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Has nothing to do with this threads topic. I know all that, what I don't know is how come nobody even wants to talk about the PS4. From what will the new PSN be like? To anything really. They adding 4gb of RAM? Everyone wanted to talk about that when it was announced, but only a few websites questioned how that would be possible? The GPU has to be able to read data faster if its gonna double the RAM or else it would be limited to how fast the GPU can read the data. Quick explanation?
Xbox Ram = 8lane hwy at 40mph while PS4 Ram = 2lane hwy at 80mph
GDDR5 makes that 2lane hwy faster, but whats most important is the total amount of data that can be moved. You moving more data on that 8lane hwy
When I brought this up, Liquid moved the thread :wtf: Anytime I bring up any PS4 topic that should be important? I get more crying than discussion.
I seriously believe sony paid this site off. Because you have to FIGHT to get ppl to talk about it...
i could be wrong on the details, but i will give it a shot...

it's not simple bandwidth, it is how you use it. gddr5 is both read and write on the same cycle, ddr3 is only one or the other on a cycle. no matter what is being processed (physics, AI, etc.), graphic information will flow at all times when needed, whereas the ddr3 has to use an entire cycle for graphics when it's not sending the other stuff. ddr3 uses more power, so it gets hotter, but it also has lower latency, which is great for the CPU that has to multitask

because ddr3 has lower latency, it is great for multitasking computer environments, like all PCs, and it will be great for what we now know the xbox one will be doing which is quickly switching from games to tv, and will be booting 3 operating systems all the time while constantly asking kinect if you gave it any new commands. because the xbox one is a multitasker, it was wise for them to go with ddr3.

the ps4 is like taking a pc graphics card and turning it into a console. it is single minded so it will produce better graphics over the life of the console, but it will never be as good a multitasker as the xbox one. i suspect sony will keep the OS situation very simple to try to avoid an annoyingly slow user interface.

so in conclusion...

dont get a PS4 if you want the very best multimedia box ever made. the xbox one has the ability to be that because it was made to be an HTPC which jumps around from app to app as seamlessly as a low to medium level gaming pc would allow

for people strictly into gaming it means xbox one is jack of all trades, master of none, so look for a similar situation to the ps3/360 where exclusive games begin to look better on sony except it could be even more pronounced this time around since the cpu architecture is much easier to develop for than a cell processor. if you want the next gen equivalent of gran turismo and the last of us, it will be on a PS4, not just because those are exclusive, but because that's where the superior graphics will be over the long run of the console generation

Daps
Reppin
NULL

it's not simple bandwidth, it is how you use it. gddr5 is both read and write on the same cycle, ddr3 is only one or the other on a cycle. no matter what is being processed (physics, AI, etc.), graphic information will flow at all times when needed, whereas the ddr3 has to use an entire cycle for graphics when it's not sending the other stuff. ddr3 uses more power, so it gets hotter, but it also has lower latency, which is great for the CPU that has to multitask

because ddr3 has lower latency, it is great for multitasking computer environments, like all PCs, and it will be great for what we now know the xbox one will be doing which is quickly switching from games to tv, and will be booting 3 operating systems all the time while constantly asking kinect if you gave it any new commands. because the xbox one is a multitasker, it was wise for them to go with ddr3.

the ps4 is like taking a pc graphics card and turning it into a console. it is single minded so it will produce better graphics over the life of the console, but it will never be as good a multitasker as the xbox one. i suspect sony will keep the OS situation very simple to try to avoid an annoyingly slow user interface.

so in conclusion...

dont get a PS4 if you want the very best multimedia box ever made. the xbox one has the ability to be that because it was made to be an HTPC which jumps around from app to app as seamlessly as a low to medium level gaming pc would allow

for people strictly into gaming it means xbox one is jack of all trades, master of none, so look for a similar situation to the ps3/360 where exclusive games begin to look better on sony except it could be even more pronounced this time around since the cpu architecture is much easier to develop for than a cell processor. if you want the next gen equivalent of gran turismo and the last of us, it will be on a PS4, not just because those are exclusive, but because that's where the superior graphics will be over the long run of the console generation

I dig it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
These arguments are boring now.

so in conclusion...

This coincides with what I read from programmers on Beyond3d.com. Both GPUs are AMD GCN based, and the PS4 has 18 CU (compute units), whereas the Xbox has 12. They both seem to be based on 7xxx series Radeon graphics, 28nm. The GDDR5 is double stacked, which is how they were able to hit 8gb. It will be possible to store large worlds/texture data in such a massive amount of ram on BOTH systems, but since the One has alot of extra stuff going on, there is less ram available for games. Will be interesting to see the 3 os'es (hypervisor, windows 8, xbox os) work together.

The fact you keep using what you think is my name is what makes you the "snitch" and I've asked you nicely more than once. I won't warn you again.

Has nothing to do with this threads topic. I know all that, what I don't know is how come nobody even wants to talk about the PS4. From what will the new PSN be like? To anything really. They adding 4gb of RAM? Everyone wanted to talk about that when it was announced, but only a few websites questioned how that would be possible? The GPU has to be able to read data faster if its gonna double the RAM or else it would be limited to how fast the GPU can read the data. Quick explanation?

Xbox Ram = 8lane hwy at 40mph while PS4 Ram = 2lane hwy at 80mph
GDDR5 makes that 2lane hwy faster, but whats most important is the total amount of data that can be moved. You moving more data on that 8lane hwy

Another case of asinine posting. This is the worst analogy ive seen all year. If you were as competent as you think you are, you would know that gddr5 moves MUCH MUCH more data than ddr3, ddr3 just moves small amounts of data with less latency than gddr5. Speak on what you kno yungblood