Why does the Coli hate landlord's so much?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Most folks the relationship is cordial, and the assumption is they will pay rent in order to live there. Now suddenly some think they are just entitled to live in someone else’s house even when not paying rent, and instead of saying “well, yea, no shyt you can’t stay in someone else property for free ” people say “fukk landlords”
It's not even that... People will say, fukk anyone who has more than one home :mjtf:

I build a family, buy a home, raise kids, they move, buy their own homes, have families...... And every time someone dies, the next gen has to sell off their house.. And they better not make too much profit either. Like what in the fukk? Then the other family who buys the house, also has to sell off their previous home AND sell off any other homes their parents left them too... AND you can't have no damn beach house or cabin or nothing.... AAAAAAAAAAAAND they want a land restriction too!!

Communism much?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Take a look at this bytch

How dare she save up her own 200k and buy something, then spend more of her money fixing it up, then charge extra for said money, time, work she put in...

That should have gone to people who don't have 200k for the down payment in the first place. They surely would have bought it if she didn't even if it was 50k

:mjgrin:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most folks the relationship is cordial, and the assumption is they will pay rent in order to live there. Now suddenly some think they are just entitled to live in someone else’s house even when not paying rent, and instead of saying “well, yea, no shyt you can’t stay in someone else property for free ” people say “fukk landlords”
I guess my thing is, WHEN should people prepare to get out? I mean 3+ months behind, with no relief or plan. Why even think you can stay in this rented property without paying? If you can’t pay, you have to prepare to leave at some point, otherwise it’s degeneracy.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

I have no problems with balance on either side of the equation

But I am also not sitting down here with crocodile tears for landlords either.

The pandemic is a tough time for everybody....the landlords were hoovering up those absurd rents when times were good. Part of that should have been storing money for downturns and emergencies.

Unless they thought the rental and real estate market would never cool off.

But also when the pandemic goes away they can go back to wildly overcharging......so why do I care about their sob stories.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I guess my thing is, WHEN should people prepare to get out? I mean 3+ months behind, with no relief or plan. Why even think you can stay in this rented property without paying? If you can’t pay, you have to prepare to leave at some point, otherwise it’s degeneracy.

fair point

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I have no problems with balance on either side of the equation

But I am also not sitting down here with crocodile tears for landlords either.

The pandemic is a tough time for everybody....the landlords were hoovering up those absurd rents when times were good. Part of that should have been storing money for downturns and emergencies.

Unless they thought the rental and real estate market would never cool off.

But also when the pandemic goes away they can go back to wildly overcharging......so why do I care about their sob stories.
Downtimes and emergencies mean your house burned down... You can't find a renter for 2 months... You get sued and have to fight a case with the savings.............

Nobody expects that the govt will let people use your shyt every day, pay you nothing, AND still get keep using your shyt for free so nobody else can use it. There is no industry in the world that could survive that. I need food to live. Govt don't make Walmart give me food while I don't pay them shyt and show up tomorrow for more free food. And I wouldn't suspect Walmart would last very long doing this either.... Hell we need water and govt didn't even keep that on for people who didn't pay

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
How dare she save up her own 200k and buy something, then spend more of her money fixing it up, then charge extra for said money, time, work she put in...

That should have gone to people who don't have 200k for the down payment in the first place. They surely would have bought it if she didn't even if it was 50k

:mjgrin:
That’s not the point, she has no other job/ income besides her renters’ money, and that’s how she plans on paying off the $1 milli, which she considers a point of great pride and flexes about on TikTok. Not only that, she refinanced her house and withdrew 250k in cash, which is the unspoken truth for why a lot of these landlords’ properties are still owned by the bank despite decades of historically high rent collection. They just assumed the money would never dry up and they can keep doing this every few years while continuing to leech hundreds of thousands of dollars from people poorer than them.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's the exact same system of exploitation. Learn about economic rents. You're basically saying that exploitation is okay if you're "only" a little rich.

And you're missing that those people are making money off their capital gains of increasing property value in addition to their annual income, so pretending their income is "only" $97,000/year is somewhat misleading.

That's not an argument.

That's also not an argument.

And strike three, your entire "case" is that you have no argument.

Of course I'm not talking about them. :gucci:

I'm talking about people who exploit the poor by profiting off of their need. If you're not profiting off them then you're not the problem. :comeon:

We ain't talking about their hypothetical day job, productive work is always productive no matter who does it, but here we are talking about their role as a landlord. :usure:

I'll spell it out real slow for you.....

a. If you perform productive work that adds something to society, you are being productive. It's that easy.

b. If you profit merely because you happen to own something that someone poorer than you doesn't own but desperately needs, and nothing is produced by the exchange, then no productive work has been done.

But if you think I know nothing about economics, should I bring someone else into the equation? How about, say, Adam Smith?

So go ahead and tell Adam Smith he knows nothing about economics either, if you are so inclined. :sas1::sas2:

My nikka quoting Wealth of Nations :banderas:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the exact same system of exploitation. Learn about economic rents. You're basically saying that exploitation is okay if you're "only" a little rich.

And you're missing that those people are making money off their capital gains of increasing property value in addition to their annual income, so pretending their income is "only" $97,000/year is somewhat misleading.

It's the same exact exploitation as the corrupt politicians in charge of trillions of dollars:mjlol: :dead:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
That’s not the point, she has no other job/ income besides her renters’ money, and that’s how she plans on paying off the $1 milli, which she considers a point of great pride and flexes about on TikTok. Not only that, she refinanced her house and withdrew 250k in cash, which is the unspoken truth for why a lot of these landlords’ properties are still owned by the bank despite decades of historically high rent collection. They just assumed the money would never dry up and they can keep doing this every few years while continuing to leech hundreds of thousands of dollars from people poorer than them.
So she’s taking all the risk, she must have had income to get the house to refinance. And if she didn’t get renters or overpriced it or the repairs fukked up or went over budget or the house blew up or a world crisis happened or etc etc etc.......

she would be the one fukked up. But she did a good job, so her business is profitable. Like any other business.

So your real problem is it’s housing. So I’ll ask the same question again. What should happen?

The apt is up for sale. The original owner wants to sell and move on with his life. Who buys it? What’s the price? Who fixes it up? Who gets to rent? What do they pay?

Y’all want to relegate all this stuff. Tell me how it’s gonna work for everyone

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
So she’s taking all the risk, she must have had income to get the house to refinance. And if she didn’t get renters or overpriced it or the repairs fukked up or went over budget or the house blew up or a world crisis happened or etc etc etc.......

she would be the one fukked up. But she did a good job, so her business is profitable. Like any other business.

So your real problem is it’s housing. So I’ll ask the same question again. What should happen?

The apt is up for sale. The original owner wants to sell and move on with his life. Who buys it? What’s the price? Who fixes it up? Who gets to rent? What do they pay?

Y’all want to relegate all this stuff. Tell me how it’s gonna work for everyone
The issue is that there’s a conflict of interest between the tenant and the landlord. It’s in the landlord’s interest to charge as much as possible rent to fund their lifestyle/ mortgage since most of them have no other source of income. And I guess from the landlord’s perspective it’s a lick. But when you multiply it by thousands of landlords across a city it has the effect of artificially inflating the cost of living, since renters have no leverage whatsoever given that housing is scarce and jobs that pay a livable wage are usually concentrated in small areas.

A libertarian might say who gives a fukk? Private property blah blah blah, but if everyone is allowed to act solely in their own interest with a “fukk you, I got mine” attitude, it causes the sorts of situations we’re seeing across the country where most people are one missed paycheck away from homelessness because most of what they make goes towards shelter. Again, not your problem, but it’s a problem for society as a whole.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
The issue is that there’s a conflict of interest between the tenant and the landlord. It’s in the landlord’s interest to charge as much as possible rent to fund their lifestyle/ mortgage since most of them have no other source of income. And I guess from the landlord’s perspective it’s a lick. But when you multiply it by thousands of landlords across a city it has the effect of artificially inflating the cost of living, since renters have no leverage whatsoever given that housing is scarce and jobs that pay a livable wage are usually concentrated in small areas.

A libertarian might say who gives a fukk? Private property blah blah blah, but if everyone is allowed to act solely in their own interest with a “fukk you, I got mine” attitude, it causes the sorts of situations we’re seeing across the country where most people are one missed paycheck away from homelessness because most of what they make goes towards shelter. Again, not your problem, but it’s a problem for society as a whole.
That’s why I say slum lords vs landlords. I’ve been in apt that’s expensive as fukk that’s worth every penny. I’ve been in houses and said “damn! That’s all they charge for rent”. I’ve been in hoods and they paying more than me, and I’m in the burbs.

Nobody knows what this lady is charging. How much the profit is over the amount of repair she did. What her tenants think of her. How quick she takes care of problems or let’s them slide a month on rent...

I get what the OP was asking. He’s not asking why would you hate someone raping you for rent in a shytty apt. He asked why do you hate ALL landlords. Like soon as you hear they own rental property, it turns to hate and assumptions about what they do, what they make, and why.

How did we get THERE? And what would happen if she didn’t buy it? The city does? Have we seen public housing?

Daps
That’s why I say slum lords vs landlords. I’ve been in apt that’s expensive as fukk that’s worth every penny. I’ve been in houses and said “damn! That’s all they charge for rent”. I’ve been in hoods and they paying more than me, and I’m in the burbs.

Nobody knows what this lady is charging. How much the profit is over the amount of repair she did. What her tenants think of her. How quick she takes care of problems or let’s them slide a month on rent...

I get what the OP was asking. He’s not asking why would you hate someone raping you for rent in a shytty apt. He asked why do you hate ALL landlords. Like soon as you hear they own rental property, it turns to hate and assumptions about what they do, what they make, and why.

How did we get THERE? And what would happen if she didn’t buy it? The city does? Have we seen public housing?

:yes:

Yes slumlords are a real thing, but getting mad at a landlord for never fixing shyt they’re supposed to is not the same as getting mad at a landlord for evicting someone who hasn’t paid rent in half a year:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

I get what the OP was asking. He’s not asking why would hate someone raping you for rent in a shytty apt. He asked why do you hate ALL landlords. Like soon as you hear they own rental property, it turns to hate and assumptions about what they do, what they make, and why.

How did we get THERE?
I hear you, and I’ve stayed in some really nice apartments where the landlord was very respectful and kept the building in top shape, and I would lease from him/ her again in a jiffy. It’s just a LOT of slumlords out there, which is why people have grown to resent landlords in general. No one wants a living situation that’s stressful; home is meant to be a place to relax, no one wants to deal with some passive aggressive shyt from their landlord or super