Why Does Serena Williams Get A Pass For Dating Outside Of The Race

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She also dated this guy and even wrote a blog about him breaking her heart :mjcry:

9710serena-jackie.jpg

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Black female celebs do tend to get a pass for dating out. This is really the only site on the internet that calls them out and even we have a ton of :cape: for them.

EDIT: Think perception plays a huge part. Men usually just see them as eyecandy while women genuinely believe they can be chose. Women tend to be far more invested in these celebrities personal lives. It's why :gurl: exists after all.

:dame:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
article-0-1FE2A25600000578-888_634x790.jpg

serena-0905.jpg

103228103.jpg

Do not have a problem if you date outside; it's your decision. But I believe in equal hate; if people hate on kendrick for his lady (I guess folks said she's not black enough) and there are other examples; why does serena get a pass? I still fukk with serena and venus; I just believe, if your going to hate on one person, do it to all.
While I personally don't care..it's a good point. I've seen throughout the innanets that Kendrick has been lambasted for his girl despite her being a day 1. I've never seen Serena treated in the same manner.

Idk if there's more to it but that's my $0.02

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
While I personally don't care..it's a good point. I've seen throughout the innanets that Kendrick has been lambasted for his girl despite her being a day 1. I've never seen Serena treated in the same manner.

Idk if there's more to it but that's my $0.02
I don't care who these celebs date, but I usually see backlash when people either
1. Claim some sort of pro-blackness or are symbolized as such.
2. Say some ignorant shyt and come off as a c00n.

People were surprised at Kendrick because with his image and message they felt he would've been with a "real" black women.

Cube's son, people thought he would've been more "enlightened or concious", seeing who his father is. Then the drama with what he "alledgely" said, and his decision to check black women rather than his friend. People forget he's just a spoiled kid from LA.

Michael B. Jordan takes his black fan base for granted and says suspect stuff.

The issue is black women expect loyalty from the people they support and are legitimately disappointed when celebs don't return the love. Not to mention the fact that white women have been historically used/seen as symbols of success, and accomplishments. Putting black women on the other end of the spectrum. All they want is love and appreciation.