Why does Hannibal Burress get a pass for helping destroy Bill Cosby's legacy?

dondraper

Banned
Daps
Hollywood is the land of the perverts, fI'll of dirty old men, pedophiles, drug users, rapists, etc. Yet none of that stops these ppl from being praised and having their dirt swept under the rug.

Yet Hannibal Burress kept getting on stage airing out a black icons dirty laundry in front of cacs until the story blew up, and magically his career blew up. Went from being a mostly unknown comedian to a household name for throwing dirt on a legend who made it possible for him to do what he does.

Bill Cosby didn't rape those old white hoes. Hannibal Burress knows that, but he didn't mind being cac's favorite pet negro and getting money in his pocket for destroying a legend.

Know nikkas gone say cosby Is a c00n for the shyt he said about black ppl, but he said it in front of black audiences. c00ns talk shyt about blacks to white ppl for a pat on the head. Bill's comments while misguided came from a place of love. All he has done his whole career is project positive images of blacks and give back to black colleges and communities.

lowkey0z

Veteran
Daps
giphy.gif

Last edited:

PeridotPuss

Levels on levels on levels ahead
Supporter
Daps
Bill ruined his own legacy....those situations should have never ocurred

And folks knew about them before Hannibal said anything

I don't get this

If you have a necro/sleep sex fetish......and you're a celeb....pay a professional to meet your needs and don't get married so you don't have a wife to cheat on

Darren sharper should have handled the need better also

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I used to view HB negatively cuz he kinda made it seem like Black folks were giving the okay to declare open season on Cosby. Similar to Black feminists who by initiating outrage at Nate Parker made whites in general comfortable enough to kill that film. Going back to Cosby though, he made his bed. There's obviously some dispicable liars amongst his accusers, but there's too many allegations for there to not be some truth. Where there's smoke there's..........

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I never heard of any of dude material..

He must be the black version of Jeff foxworthy

I disagree, I saw him back in September and dude deserves his acclaim.

And he has two black openers before him and a black music group performing their work to open the show.

Plus, he a chicago breh so I gotta salute his efforts and how he puts other people on:salute:

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
What fukkery. He threw another black man under the bus for a career.
:yeshrug:The entertainment industry is known to be cutthroat. Like @PeridotPuss said people were whispering about Bill's pudding pop pills before Hannibal came along. Specifically after he made those condescending remarks to his fellow black people. It wasn't really a secret.

dondraper

Banned
Daps
I disagree, I saw him back in September and dude deserves his acclaim.

And he has two black openers before him and a black music group performing their work to open the show.

Plus, he a chicago breh so I gotta salute his efforts and how he puts other people on

I'm from chicago, that's was some bytch shyt he did snitching on a black legend. You never saw nikkas back in the day get on stage and say "luther vandross gay we all know it" "mlk was fukking all them white hoes" shyt used to stay in the community.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Hollywood is the land of the perverts, fI'll of dirty old men, pedophiles, drug users, rapists, etc. Yet none of that stops these ppl from being praised and having their dirt swept under the rug.

Yet Hannibal Burress kept getting on stage airing out a black icons dirty laundry in front of cacs until the story blew up, and magically his career blew up. Went from being a mostly unknown comedian to a household name for throwing dirt on a legend who made it possible for him to do what he does.

Bill Cosby didn't rape those old white hoes. Hannibal Burress knows that, but he didn't mind being cac's favorite pet negro and getting money in his pocket for destroying a legend.

Know nikkas gone say cosby Is a c00n for the shyt he said about black ppl, but he said it in front of black audiences. c00ns talk shyt about blacks to white ppl for a pat on the head. Bill's comments while misguided came from a place of love. All he has done his whole career is project positive images of blacks and give back to black colleges and communities.
Hannibal blowing up and recieving a role in the new Spider-Man movie is all I need to know about this fukkINg c00n. Nobody heard of him before he aired out Cosby.

Cosby put a LOT of black comedians on, not Richard Pryor or Red Foxxx, but Cosby did. He donated more then 70million of his own money to HBCUs. Cosby isn't perfect but he didn't deserve all the backlash.

I salute Eddie murphy for refusing to do a skit on Cosby when he was specifically asked to do so.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm from chicago, that's was some bytch shyt he did snitching on a black legend. You never saw nikkas back in the day get on stage and say "luther vandross gay we all know it" "mlk was fukking all them white hoes" shyt used to stay in the community.

Insert every black comic with Michael Jackson r Kelly jokes. Come on man :stopitslime: