Why does Beyonce get a lot of hate?

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
But, given a platform like social media, there is a specific sub-segment of the "culture" that hates her and disparages her at every opportunity. It's weird and c00n-like.
No you’re right. Gotta have thick skin and ignore them.

I mean she made like 500mil after touring in 50 cities, tops? She ain’t worried about these fools lol

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
You goddamn right I’m a Beyoncé hater. I’m not going to pucker up and kiss her ass because she’s black and successful. She’s overrated as hell.:manny: I’ll use your own words against you: If people agree - great and if people don’t agree - great.
:yeshrug:
Precisely.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Search your heart, you know the answer.

jay-z-beyonce-daughter-rumi-carter-dethrones-sister-blue-ivy-to-break-chart-record-1200x675.jpg

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
honestly?

ill preface it by saying that beyonce is one of the most beautiful women on the PLANET and she actually seems like you could talk to her and she'd be dope but

1) her music is sterile and soulless. its clearly approved by a committee/board and it shows
2) her singing voice is nothing special. she has belting and vibrato down but you likely know a few girls who can sing at her level
3) she doesnt write her own music, its written for her as well as her lyrics

she is essentially manufactured. im not saying that she doesnt have talent, she clearly does, but decisions are not in her hands, but the people who profit from her. i think she married jay as a power move to escape that, hence her art from "lemonade" forward.

im ambivalent towards her ultimately i guess. her music doesnt touch me in any way and it feels like shes in the news a lot because shes married to jay-z.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
honestly?

ill preface it by saying that beyonce is one of the most beautiful women on the PLANET and she actually seems like you could talk to her and she'd be dope but

1) her music is sterile and soulless. its clearly approved by a committee/board and it shows
2) her singing voice is nothing special. she has belting and vibrato down but you likely know a few girls who can sing at her level

she is essentially manufactured. im not saying that she doesnt have talent, she clearly does, but decisions are not in her hands, but the people who profit from her. i think she married jay as a power move to escape that, hence her art from "lemonade" forward.

im ambivalent towards her ultimately i guess. her music doesnt touch me in any way and it feels like shes in the news a lot because shes married to jay-z.
I fully respect Jay and all he has accomplished, but you are crazy. She’s in the news because she’s BEYONCE. She had already crossed over and was a household name before being serious with him lol

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I fully respect Jay and all he has accomplished, but you are crazy. She’s in the news because she’s BEYONCE. She had already crossed over and was a household name before being serious with him lol
He's not entirely wrong. I'm from Houston so I grew up with Beyonce's music and I think she's at her best when she's surrounded by others. I don't vouch her much as a solo artist regardless of her success. I prefer Destiny's Child to her solo career. I don't place her in a Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin category of black female singer.

Regardless of her success, I don't see her as that type of artist or singer.

Compare her with Deborah Cox. I don't think Beyonce has a single song as good, raw, or passionate as this. You can hear Deborah's soul when she sings this. When Beyonce sings it sounds alright but the SOUL. I ain't hearing it.

So while I don't hate Beyonce, my brain files her in a different category of singer. I like her, but I put her in B or C status singer but she's so popular despite that. I made my peace with that a long time ago and clearly people see things in her that I don't. It is what it is.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I like Beyonce but i think she is clearly overrated

She has some great songs, but she has no memorable classic albums, that 20/30 years down the line u will put near a Michael Jackson/Prince level, since that’s what everyone wants to throw her in with

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly?

That don’t make sense because some people think she made jay relevant

Now she relevant because of jay?

Wild

I look at it like this

If I don’t like a artist I’m not in message boards talking about how much I dislike them

I don’t like Taylor swift as a artist but you never see me talk about her

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waaaaay before him and that’s the funny thing about it

I can’t even name 5 Beyoncé saying but I know she have fans

I don’t go out my way to talk about her and what she not doing

That’s hate watching and listening at that point

:russ:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Waaaaay before him and that’s the funny thing about it

I can’t even name 5 Beyoncé saying but I know she have fans

I don’t go out my way to talk about her and what she not doing

That’s hate watching and listening at that point

:russ:
Which you called out earlier :sas2:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
She a good artist but outside of music she advocates for nothing. This is ok but comes of very in-genuine when lots of her music is provoking.

Add her fans that praise her without question and JayZ ( not every black family champions gangster rappers) their are a lot of artists in better light then her.