Why do so many dope lyricists forget music is entertainment?

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
LOL I like when threads start with "Nobody cares" or "No one will ever convince me that", it's a perfect way to kill the dialogue before it started.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Ideally I want both. Look at Biggie as the blueprint. Hit records without compromising lyricism. Hov came out with a mid level of hype then followed the Biggie blueprint into superstardom.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Chino XL also tried to fit too many words in a bar.

which is why he was driven off-key.

No need to tell the emcee in review how to fix it. He supposed to know when he hears key terms.
That is why the term off-key exists.
Not here to coach them up. They have to pay for that in consulting. Or do what they supposed to do and build their skills.
A real emcee is gonna have one outing recorded of being in a certain skill plateau. Then ramp. If not he wack, simple as that. If he wack. He gon be food and he hiding in a hole like most rappers. Since the boom of the prison industrial economy made rap into this idea for people who should never be anywhere around a business derived from the pillars.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
A lot of it is rooted in being swaggerless. Typically nikkax make music how they dance

don’t sleep

You talembout somebody in house.
From the ol school way of thought.
All this shyt y'all listen to now came from and derived from people who house music extensive first. Not Bboys and emcees first.

Art Barr