Why do so many dope lyricists forget music is entertainment?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
OP asked a general question. I don’t think he’s talking about one record in general.

How are we not apart of hip hop? As a fan, rapper, merch buyer, concert attendee, etc, how sway?

OP asked a general question. I don’t think he’s talking about one record in general.

How are we not apart of hip hop? As a fan, rapper, merch buyer, concert attendee, etc, how sway?

What'chu write?

art barr

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Talib flopped with a Justin Timberlake feature when he was at his peak smh

He never marketed that song though. It wasn't a single and I think its a bonus song. He also had a Norah Jones feature on that same album.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
nobody cares how dope your bars are if your music is trash. There are too may dope lyricist who can't make dope songs and albums then get mad when less skilled rappers who make good songs out sell them and are more popular.

Some dope lyricists are even worst and can't flow for shyt and sound awful saying their bars like Chino xl, Skillz and Talib kweli. bu bu bu the industry holding us back :damn:

People just want to hear good music. You can't make music to impress others lyricists then get mad when the public rejects your deposit because your music is trash.

YOU ARENT A DOPE LYRICIST
IF YOU CANT FLOW.

GO MAKE SOME POETRY
:devil:
:evil:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
review the records or stfu.

that is y'all problem.
you so coddled from being sent off in the sales spike era and communication acts victims. To the point,..
y'all came on a hiphop forums inspired by the source before it was ruined by the wcc situation. Yet wrote no reviews.

write the reviews,...like you supposed to be here for in the first place.
y'all on here failing at this posting shyt. The shyt hilarious to read.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Tell me more.

Jermaine dupri

nikka got mad when he got clowned for fundisha.

plus owned online by me here, when i should have no power over you. If you this jiggy nepotism mca way based act.

them motherfukkers know without that jiggy bullahit being marketed they would have never drawn a dime. Plus they have a fake draw. As they never had a grassroots record draw indie frfr.

while i been flanking the highest bds gainer and number one rated grass roots record on the college radio charts. The only records pulled by an actual play list. That is not authenicated by wgci. Of which those wgci numbers are also based on who i flanked. While beinG the highest bds gainer and propelling y'all favorite rapper to a draw on a lead single. that originally flopped before it was remixed. Like they were grooming somebody when it was the other way around too.

shyt hilarious.

it is only so long nepotism, toys and culture thieves can pretend.
stop believe'n these playalistic voices.
they would get ripped live and never actually drew to be on your radar. Besides begging for a loan or given one based on nepotism.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bout to send you some stuff

you don't even know culturally what is the deal when you asked that question?

y'all need to stop and dedicate yourself to a pillar frfr.
being a rapper don't mean you in a pillar.

shyt Arsenio hall put on a fat suit as chunky a. That don't make him or chunky a a part of hipho culture tho.

especially not in the new school way of thought.

now if yiu send me music. Are you ready for the critique. You only get one chance too. You nikkaz lucky daddy o of stetasonic is not majorly the gatekeeper anymore. Y'all would not even try to rap as much as y'all do.
if you knew the real was gonna be told to you by daddy o.

art barr

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

shyt Arsenio hall put on a fat suit as chunky a. That don't make him or chunky a a part of hipho culture tho.

now if yiu send me music. Are you ready for the critique. You only get one chance too. You nikkaz lucky daddy o of stetasonic is not majorly the gatekeeper anymore. Y'all would not even try to rap as much as y'all do.

art barr

art barr

Lol what’s going on with you today?

I’ve held events and MC’d and spit plenty of times. Critiquing is fine either you like or not

I just think anyone who consumes hip hop especially since a young age and decides to participate in it... is part of hip hop

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lol what’s going on with you today?

I’ve held events and MC’d and spit plenty of times. Critiquing is fine either you like or not

I just think anyone who consumes hip hop especially since a young age and decides to participate in it... is part of hip hop

fukk no.
you need to be culturally on point.
plus really belong to a pillar culturally for real in the new school way of thought.
not just oh i rap.

like i said previously, What'chu write.
if it goes over your head.
I have a hard time believe'n you really engrained in hiphop culture.

simple as that.

as you are unable to recognize any cultural gateway speak.
you should definitely know if you are apart of hiphop culture.

art barr

to any of you nikkaz...

What'chu write?

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Lyricism and entertainment are not mutually exclusive
You kinda answered your own question. Just because you're a dope lyricist, doesn't mean you're a dope artist or songwriter. A lot of guys have bars and can flow well, but they lack musicality and over-compensate for that with how skilled they are at rapping.

The rappers that get held in the highest regard are the ones who are dope lyrically and musically. They know how to craft songs and albums, not just verses.
What it really comes down to is (usually trendy) beat selection, making sure there's a strong hook in the chorus, and counting bars, the last of that is or should be learned early.

The bulk of rappers don't play instruments or read music, and despite the melody/auto tune yodeling today, don't sing all that well so I don't really think they have a superior "musicality" that lyricists lack.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
nobody cares how dope your bars are if your music is trash. There are too may dope lyricist who can't make dope songs and albums then get mad when less skilled rappers who make good songs out sell them and are more popular.

Some dope lyricists are even worst and can't flow for shyt and sound awful saying their bars like Chino xl, Skillz and Talib kweli. bu bu bu the industry holding us back :damn:

People just want to hear good music. You can't make music to impress others lyricists then get mad when the public rejects your deposit because your music is trash.

i will be waiting on your reviews.
as you are going to showcase what you know culturally.
or what you don't know.
then we can know if you know culturally what the fukk you talembout or not.

that goes for any of you peanut gallery.
never reviewed any media in yo life ass phoneys on here.

art barr