Why do so many dope lyricists forget music is entertainment?

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
nobody cares how dope your bars are if your music is trash. There are too may dope lyricist who can't make dope songs and albums then get mad when less skilled rappers who make good songs out sell them and are more popular.

Some dope lyricists are even worst and can't flow for shyt and sound awful saying their bars like Chino xl, Skillz and Talib kweli. bu bu bu the industry holding us back :damn:

People just want to hear good music. You can't make music to impress others lyricists then get mad when the public rejects your deposit because your music is trash.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
You kinda answered your own question. Just because you're a dope lyricist, doesn't mean you're a dope artist or songwriter. A lot of guys have bars and can flow well, but they lack musicality and over-compensate for that with how skilled they are at rapping.

The rappers that get held in the highest regard are the ones who are dope lyrically and musically. They know how to craft songs and albums, not just verses.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great lyricists who tends to complain about the “sound” and “whack rappers” have always used them being underground or a dope lyricist as an excuse as to why they haven’t achieved success or more success as they feel they deserve. Because they can’t make entertaining music for the mainstream to be specific.

I enjoy it all. But the “y’all just like the beats” and , “I’m a dope lyricist and people don’t care about it anymore” is getting old and not true. There’s a lane for everyone.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Great lyricists who tends to complain about the “sound” and “whack rappers” have always used them being underground or a dope lyricist as an excuse as to why they haven’t achieved success or more success as they feel they deserve. Because they can’t make entertaining music for the mainstream to be specific.

I enjoy it all. But the “y’all just like the beats” and , “I’m a dope lyricist and people don’t care about it anymore” is getting old and not true. There’s a lane for everyone.

all them be emcees who lost battling tho.

plus was never a real grassroots draw.
so again,...wbat record are we talking about.
as i never see any of y'all review records.
plus y'all not really apart of hiphop at all.

so what record are you talembout?

review the record or stfu with ths culture thief inspired talk. As i know what bytch made producer started that shyt and why?

so again,...what record are we talembout?

art barr

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps

review the record or stfu with ths culture thief inspired talk. As i know what bytch made producer started that shyt and why?

art barr

Tell me more.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

art barr

OP asked a general question. I don’t think he’s talking about one record in general.

How are we not apart of hip hop? As a fan, rapper, merch buyer, concert attendee, etc, how sway?

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Talib ain't the best example but I hear you, would rather listen to a charismatic witty rapper who makes good music than a corny wordsmith who forgets music is about rhythm and vibes also.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I think lyricist reject what's considered hot because what's considered hot tends to be agenda based.

So with that, I think lyricist that complain are really complaining about how stupid the consumer is.