why do people take saying "goodmorning" so seriously?

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
yea,that shyt aint that serious....

I wanna stay in my lane,get my bread,and be out..

that work etiquette shyt is lame..

And only black people really care about that shyt....

I just wanna be left alone and do my job

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
just hit them with a general good morning and throughout the day just go at my peoples desk to chop it up

its_normal

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL, I got this shyt mentioned at my appraisal, apparently my skills on computers are not why they employ me instead it's whether I say good morning or not.

Gunshi

Reboot Coming…
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
I agree. I work with mostly old white folks. I try to make it back to my station without talking to anybody.

I hate when they catch you and ask shyt like "how was your weekend"

first of you really dont care how my weekend was. Second I can't answer truthfully and say "smoking weed and drinking brews with the homies" so I just say "it was ok" and keep it moving.

couldnt agree more, these cacs dont get it. Always wanna ask a nikka how his weekend was like they really wanna know.. My Boss does this shyt all the fukkin time and i tell him, just like every other weekend, boring.... :smh:

but as far as the hello good morning, ill say it. and if its a old broad that still have some sex appeal, ill say a lil extra with a nice smile to let em know they can get dis dikkkkkkk :steviej:

oh yeah, another thing my boss does is come into the office asking... "IS EVERYBODY HAPPY??" mayne the first time i use to answer, now i just ignore that nikka. Cuz once again, these cacs dont wanna know whats going on in my head....

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
it's completely phony to me

good morning...god bless you - all that shyt needs to be phased out.

I am a big "thank you" person, and will always acknowledge when someone helps me out. But if I don't feel like saying 'good morning' to you or 'hi', it shouldn't be seen as offensive or rude.

Especially when you see me and don't greet me but expect me to greet you. At that point you just wanna see me dance. The actual greeting is not important to you, you just want to see me act. Like OP I have no problem returning greetings, I just don't feel like initiating them sometimes. And it has nothing to do with feeling superior, it's just a level of comfort with the person and my mood at the time

plus, let's not act like there aren't people that have no problem with giving you that cheery greeting in the morning but don't give a fukk about you and will turn around and talk shyt about you or plot on that ass. But hey, they honor and respect you cos they said good morning, right? :laff:

it's a joke.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
it's completely phony to me

good morning...god bless you - all that shyt needs to be phased out.

I am a big "thank you" person, and will always acknowledge when someone helps me out. But if I don't feel like saying 'good morning' to you or 'hi', it shouldn't be seen as offensive or rude.

Especially when you see me and don't greet me but expect me to greet you. At that point you just wanna see me dance. The actual greeting is not important to you, you just want to see me act. Like OP I have no problem returning greetings, I just don't feel like initiating them sometimes. And it has nothing to do with feeling superior, it's just a level of comfort with the person and my mood at the time

plus, let's not act like there aren't people that have no problem with giving you that cheery greeting in the morning but don't give a fukk about you and will turn around and talk shyt about you or plot on that ass. But hey, they honor and respect you cos they said good morning, right? :laff:

it's a joke.

exactly this right here

little4209

All Star
Daps
yea,that shyt aint that serious....

I wanna stay in my lane,get my bread,and be out..

that work etiquette shyt is lame..

And only black people really care about that shyt....
I just wanna be left alone and do my job

Right :comeon:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I hate this so much. Idk, it's probably where i'm from (NY) and how I was raised and all, but people (Caucasians especially) think I need to initiate in convo early in the morning. To be honest, It's early as hell, I don't want to say hi or nothing, leave me alone. On the other hand, I do find it rude if you don't respond so I will engage, but for some reason people have the tendency to small talk after that. Do you really care how my day is going so far? No so what is next- awkward silence- get the fukk out of my face yo.