why do people take saying "goodmorning" so seriously?

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
first of you really dont care how my weekend was. Second I can't answer truthfully and say "smoking weed and drinking brews with the homies" so I just say "it was ok" and keep it moving.

EXACTLY!!!! And anything that I would be able to say is too boring to mention in the first place. Then when you have boring weekends where you didnt do shyt, you dont wanna mention it because you look like you have no life.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I never say good morning. shyt feels gay as fukk. From time to time my Bulgarian manager will come up to me and say, "wtf?! They don't say good morning in the Dominican Republic??" I just look at her and say "naw :birdman:"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm antisocial too but you guys underestimate the importance of networking.

You see that awkward, goofy white motherfukker sitting in the cubicle next to you? Well he has a latina step sister named Erica who looks like this:

tumblr_mm9e9v6XIu1qg5hdno1_1280.jpg

You not going to try to befriend that fakkit to get close to this? All you have to do is pretend to like anime and pro wrestling so you two have something to talk about at work.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's this lady at work who will shout out "GOOD MORNING" to you as you walk past her office every single morning. Then if you respond to her, all the other offices around her the people'll be looking at you like, what about me?:to:

SMH. I avoid walking by that chick's office before 10AM.:whoo:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I say good morning to everyone in passing and I think it's pretty rude not to respond. I hate that common courtesy is easily mistaken for you being annoying or "too damn happy in the morning". Nah, I just have manners and I'm sorry that it's too early for yours to kick in.

Edit: With all that said, Good morning is enough. I don't need any details about your weekend or time when you were not at work.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I feel you. I feel the same way. I usually say it and keep it moving. Then the kicker is when people ask how you doing... one day day i was like you really wanna know ... have a seat, then began to runoff a sh!t load of problems i'm going through at home. thats the last time he ever asked my how im doing.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
I say "hey" to pretty much everyone I meet. I just say it, and keep walking.

No sense in being rude or anything.

j7thirty

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
I go to work and walk past everybody I don't speak first to anyone I'm not cool with

I don't like speaking cause u never know people emotional state so if they flip off or ignore me we beefing now

But if I'm spoken to I always speak back

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I feel ya, I'm the same way. Everybody knows in the office I talk to everybody but I'm not that dude who gonna go by everybody desk and say good morning...

If I make eye contact with anyone, I give them the classic black man head nod.... Its funny cause now even the white girls up here be doing the head nod, they understand thats my way of saying acknowledging them so nobody trips...

If someone say Good Morning to me, I'll say it back... but thats about it.

Daps
I think it stems from haiting your job in the first place.

When I was at a job I hated, from the time that alarm rung at 6am, it was straight :beli: mode.

Then you got these goofy giddy cacs expecting you to say good morning, just cause. they not trying to have a convo with you or anything, they just want you to say it, just cause... like its some kind of tradition:beli:

nah, **** you all:birdman:

now if you geniunely on some cool mode :ehh:

Like you keep the volume low and stop by my desk and have a lil chat about something on the news or something:tu: you cool brah.

but to the rest of you:childplease:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
IT'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. IGNORING SOMEONE'S EXISTENCE IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY FEEL SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER. IT IS A SIGN OF RESPECT TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANOTHER WHEN YOU SEE THEM.

EXAMPLE:
IN THE MILITARY WHEN A SUPERIOR OFFICER ENTERS THE ROOM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE HIM. WHEN A JUDGE ENTERS A ROOM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE HIM. WHEN ROYALTY ENTERS THE ROOM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE. WHEN THEY RETURN THAT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IT IS SOMEWHAT A HONOR(DEPENDENT ON THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE.).

AMONGST COMMON FOLK LIKE US RETURNING THAT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IS A SIGN OF RESPECT. I'M REALLY SURPRISED THAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF RESPECT AND HONOR.

ch15x

Mountaineer
Daps
Reppin
TN (east)
Yeah, I don't go out of my way to greet folks, but if I'm greeted, I return the favor.

...but I don't like the extra chirpy/happy stuff, though!

:smugdraper:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
IT'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. IGNORING SOMEONE'S EXISTENCE IS SOMETHING PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY FEEL SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER. IT IS A SIGN OF RESPECT TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANOTHER WHEN YOU SEE THEM.

EXAMPLE:
IN THE MILITARY WHEN A SUPERIOR OFFICER ENTERS THE ROOM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE HIM. WHEN A JUDGE ENTERS A ROOM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE HIM. WHEN ROYALTY ENTERS THE ROOM YOU ACKNOWLEDGE. WHEN THEY RETURN THAT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IT IS SOMEWHAT A HONOR(DEPENDENT ON THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE.).

AMONGST COMMON FOLK LIKE US RETURNING THAT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT IS A SIGN OF RESPECT. I'M REALLY SURPRISED THAT PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF RESPECT AND HONOR.

its selfish imo to look someone directly in their face... say nothing... but expect them to say something to you

im at work not in the sevice

if its that serious you should say something first or keep it movin imo