Why do people not really fukk with deep dish

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I went to Lou Malnati’s when I was in CHI. It was ok, but not as good as a good crispy NY slice.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Detroit pizza birthed Chicago pizza

This is cap.

The facts.
Joe's = oldest pizzeria in American history located in Chicago.

Detroit deep dish is made from tourist Dumpster diving in Chicago stuffed pizzeria refuse.

Detroit trying to fake tske credit for deep dish. Just like they try to fake tske credit for house music. When house music comes from 'the wherehouse' in Chicago.

So stop the cap.
redwardo's and giordano's are rhe ebat pizzeria in Michigan. Which are also originates in chicago.

Art Barr

• Dap
Reactions: s@n

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
i’ve never heard anybody say tavern style..hood folks , suburban folks, white , black , Mexican, etc..everybody keeps it simple and says thin crust
We're not talking to other Chicagoans this thread. What we can thin crust is not actually thin crust. Go outside the city thin crust is like cardboard cut into squares

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Its mostly cuz outside of chicago you aint getting a legit rendition of it
This. The majority of my stepdad family is in Chicago and I used to go to Chicago 3-4 times a year as a youngin and always had it. Had some from a pizza shop when I visited Charlotte years ago, Dallas when I used to live there, and Houston and it's NOT the same as Chicago.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Had it years ago and it was bland,too much dough and just underwhelming taste. I'd try it again but traditional Italian stone oven pizza is still number one.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This. The majority of my stepdad family is in Chicago and I used to go to Chicago 3-4 times a year as a youngin and always had it. Had some from a pizza shop when I visited Charlotte years ago, Dallas when I used to live there, and Houston and it's NOT the same as Chicago.

Man people here call shyt deep dish n it is a farce…

Go back home to chicago or make it myself only options :mjcry:

Luckily its some shyt you only crave once or twice a year cuz its so heavy

s@n

All Star
Daps
If y’all have an Albertson’s brand grocery store in your hood (Jewel, Shaw’s, etc), there’s a good chance they carry Gino’s East/Uno/Home Run Inn (for thin crust) in the frozen section. My Shaw’s regularly has them on sale for $7 or $8