Why do people not really fukk with deep dish

Daps
I never had deep dish cause Uno's went out of business where I lived pretty quick, but in this pandemic I been cooking a lot and I've made deep dish like 3 times now

shyt is damn good:gucci:. Like its filling and tasty and the crust is better than most regular pizza crust by itself

Why do people tend to not fukk with it? from this forum it seems even people from chicago kinda see it as a gimmick tourist food

Daps
Lou Malnati's >>>> any other pizza I've had in Dallas, NJ, NYC, Chicago etc.

NYC style pizza is easier to replicate. Like NJ and NYC do it best but you CAN find good New York pizza in other places. Chicago-style? If you try to cut corners on quality and ingredients/toppings....it's very noticeable. You can't half step plus it's a bit more labor intensive. When done right, it's my favorite but it's harder to get it right.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
because it's too much food. like eating lasagna with bread wrapped around it. heavy as fukk.
Just give me one slice of new york style pizza and a soda, something like this and i'm good.
Slices-at-Marios-Pizzeria-in-the-Bronx.jpg

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
You have one deep dish, you've had 'em all.

There's nothing very distinctive about them individually when it comes to flavor.

I dunno, maybe it falls in that buffet theory: The larger the food portions, the more bland it gets.