Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Two anime I highly recommend during this pandemic:

Blue Gender
Parasyte

Those two are among my most favorite anime of all time and trust and believe, you’ll be in for a shock if you think these two are “childish” in any way :damn:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Alot of the arguments is basically 'I use to do this as a kid so I can't do that shyt no more cause I'm an adult". If you don't like it thats cool but to use the adult/child argument is weak. Cause then it needs to apply for everything. Did you like sports as a kid? Well then you can't like it as an adult. Did you like certain foods? Well you can't like them as an adult. At the end of the day if my bills are paid, family is fed well-taken care of, I'm expanding my career then why in the fukk does it matter what I watch to relax. You not watching cartoons/anime/animated anything doesn't all of a sudden make you less childish and more adult-like. Mothafukkas be living childish as all hell but be like "well at least I don't watch anything drawn and animated".:mjlol:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t know shows like The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, etc. are considered childish :mjlol:
Good shows but yes, they are childish.
'Mature' nikkas not having an actual argument :bryan:

Sports are a bunch of people literally playing a games, it is what it is.
You obviously never played a organized sport in your life because if you did you would understand the personal and social benefits that comes with being engaged. Comparing it to watching a Japanese cartoon is highly laughable.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Good shows but yes, they are childish.

You obviously never played a organized sport in your life because if you did you would understand the personal and social benefits that comes with being engaged. Comparing it to watching a Japanese cartoon is highly laughable.

1. Why are they childish because they are drawn characters?
2. Not everybody who plays sports plays it in an organized fashion or even plays at all so whats your point? We are talking about watching the shyt.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'm not going to talk down on nobody but I just can't get into it some of the characters

Some of the characters designs look cool though

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps

What personal and social benefits in particular? Because I'd bet most of them except like physical exercise can be found in competitive video games that are often viewed as childish. And what are the benefits for people who just watch sports?

All art engages people at varied extents and like I said before, sports are still games

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Breh...I can guarantee you if you actually watch Naruto and most especially One Piece (the 4Kids American dub was an absolute disgrace, I’m talking about the original Japanese version; not to sound like a weeabo), you would NOT be calling those two animes as “kid shows”.
I'm sorry but I consider them kids shows because they are lacking in depth. They are all about some character who trains to get powerful enough to defeat a villain :gucci:. Very cliche and predictable plots. On the other hand good animes explore what it means to be human, phisosphy etc. ( "'m talking about Full metal alchemist, Steins Gate, Psycho Pass, Code Geass etc.). These anime get you thinking and aren't about the cliche shoujou "imma get powerful and beat this guy up" theme.

Daps
we are a diverse group of people
we have different likes and dislikes
there's no point of judging others and calling them names for what they like to do to enjoy their free time
some people fukk with sports and some people fukk with anime

Last edited: