Why do people compare Prince to Michael Jackson so much

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: fukk the bullshyt some of ya'll nikkas got to fight me about the BS ya'll typing in this thread.

square-up-fight-me.jpg

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay is a GOAT?

A GOAT candidate, hell yeah. Catalog, skill level, influence, longevity, versatility, I can go on but I ain’t trying to derail this thread.

I used to hate on Jay too but at this point who but the most passionate hater can deny the resume?

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
Stevie OWNED the Grammy Awards for 3 years straight in the 1970s......during time when some of the most creative music ever was being put out

How can you say he didn't have the crossover appeal of MJ or Prince? During that run, he was probably the most popular American musician.....and an international star.

That might have been an exaggeration. But dude is right that's Stevie doesn't belong in this discussion. It's always Prince and MJ. Nobody mentions Stevie with them. It's not due to lack of musicianship.

What do you think it is?

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
That might have been an exaggeration. But dude is right that's Stevie doesn't belong in this discussion. It's always Prince and MJ. Nobody mentions Stevie with them. It's not due to lack of musicianship.

What do you think it is?

Because he's above both them
What in Stevie's catalog can match the culture significance of Purple Rain??
Culture significance?:skip:That off beat term

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
MJ=Hulk Hogan...he's the guy everybody knows and was the face of what it meant to be a recording artist/entertainer
Prince=Someone like Shawn Michaels....the more thorough fans are going to recognize him at G.O.A.T. level as well. People know him, but he will never be the face of that industry. He'll be respected on the skill level as the G.O.A.T.