Why do people compare Prince to Michael Jackson so much

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
My Pops said the same thing.

Said Prince would get mad when you compared him to Michael since MJ didnt play instruments.

Prince wanted to be compared to Jimi Hendrix not Michael.

#trilltalk

Prince didn't even want to be compared to Hendrix--he thought people did that just because theyre both black and play guitar :yeshrug:

He wanted to be compared to Duke Ellington / Carlos Santana

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Prince didn't even want to be compared to Hendrix--he thought people did that just because theyre both black and play guitar :yeshrug:

He wanted to be compared to Duke Ellington / Carlos Santana
Yea even his guitar tone and phrasing sounds more like Santana...though I feel he channeled Jimi on Let's Go Crazy :wow:

Prince also danced and choreographed a lot of the dances he wanted his band to do...he said he wanted to have a tight band like James Brown...he was all around talent :wow:

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
nikkas are really in here talking about a man that sold 60-110 million on ONE album??? Haha.

Nobody in the history of recorded music has done that. Not Elvis. Not The Beatles. Not Madonna. NOBODY.

Prince is dope but he couldn't wipe the shyt out of MJ's ass, let alone see him musically.

Love them both though.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Prince a legend, one of the GOATs, you can take him over MJ all you want, but don't go disrespecting the King like that and act like Off The Wall and Thriller aren't two of the best albums ever made not to mention Bad, Dangerous, etc. and all his classics with the 5 :ufdup:
Negged :pacspit:
A lot of musicians made those albums great...

Stevie wrote 'I can't Help it'

Toto did a lot of work and wrote 'Human Nature' which is one of MJ's most sampled songs
:hubie:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Prince is dope but he couldn't wipe the shyt out of MJ's ass, let alone see him musically.

Love them both though.

Say that a nikka who could play a dozen instruments couldn't musically see another nikka who probably couldn't even tell you the notes in a C chord, brehs.

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
nikkas are really in here talking about a man that sold 60-110 million on ONE album??? Haha.

Nobody in the history of recorded music has done that. Not Elvis. Not The Beatles. Not Madonna. NOBODY.

Love them both though.

Just because you sell a lot of records doesn't mean you are good...it just means you sold a lot of records

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Two GOATS.

One did it singing, producing, writing songs, and mastering instruments

The other did it singing, dancing, transferring his vision into songs (look up his beatbox sessions), changing how we look at music videos....

Nobody should be slandering either honestly.

People need to hop off the "MJ is so popular, let's hate on him to be different" wave :francis:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Lol nikkas just want Michael to have some sort of a rival:mjlol: truth of the matter is he has no equals in this music shyt. In the world of music its Michael Jackson and there's everyone else:yeshrug:

No it's not like that :russ:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Mike made better music periold.

People try to make like it was magic/bird when it was really t-mac/Kobe.

Once the 90s hit Mike continued to make hits/classics while prince fell off.

Mike`s legacy is much bigger than prince`s.:mj:

Michael Jackson's biggest hit in the 90s was Black and White bruh :russ:

Michael Jackson only released an album every 7 years....

Prince had 9 albums in the 80s

Michael dropped 2

Yall MJ stans need to get it right...

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
In terms of writing & producing Prince.... Performance, style, presence Mike, which goes a long way

I listen to Prince songs & be like "I wish somebody else sung this" I say that about 70% of music...

Mike had a overall better & smoother voice..Majority of shyt he sung he owned it.... Image Prince singing lady of my life or human nature after Mike:francis:

Imagine Mike singing Prince songs :whew:I bet the song will be 3x better

I want Prince to create music & I want Mike to perform it

They 2 different musicians tho:yeshrug: