Why do people compare Prince to Michael Jackson so much

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
michael jackson did those things as well

Michael Jackson did not found a genre of music...

Michael Jackson was effectively the equivalent of Drake, he would do whatever is popular to sell.

If synchronizing farts to drum patterns was popular...he would've done it.

--------

Don't conflate this. MJ himself influenced contemporary dance. His pool of producers and musicians influenced contemporary music.

Exactly.

Michael Jackson's biggest impact on music was how to package it and sell it to the masses as a solo artist. MIchael Jackson also proved that a solo Black artist can be profitable and as big as the Beatles.

That and dancing.

He didn't influence shyt else.

Last edited:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Don't conflate this. MJ himself influenced contemporary dance. His pool of producers and musicians influenced contemporary music.

And what musical genre came from MJ?
you know which one breh. it's cool that you like prince though. he just is not on michael's level and most people will agree with that and they have voted through album sales.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
you know which one breh. it's cool that you like prince though. he just is not on michael's level and most people will agree with that and they have voted through album sales.

I'm not even playing dumb. Really, which one? :what:

Madonna also sold more records than Prince. Do you think Prince isn't musically on her level too? :what: I'm not arguing who's more popular. I'm arguing who had more musical ability. MJ can't compete with Prince musically.