Why do people compare Prince to Michael Jackson so much

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
See I have no problem if you think MJ was better than Prince but statements like this prove some of y’all really haven’t listened to Prince’s catalog and are speaking from a place of ignorance.

Anyone who agrees with the post I quoted, go on Apple Music right now and listen to Computer Blue (Hallway Speech Version). Then get back to me

Ironically
I just finished listening to this not to long ago
On the topic of catalog......... Your talking to someone who actually appreciates the direction prince with, on the "around the world in a day" album coming off of purple rain
And sees the genius of the title track
The extra verse in computer blue should have been in the original track
Im am very well aware of princes music. Im a fan myself
There is no ignorance:stopitslime:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Say that Wanna Be Startin Somethin is more complex than anything on the Lovesexy or Rainbow Children albums, brehs.
easily:gucci:

Every time you hear startin something. You hear a new instrument

what exactly on lovesexy is seeing this track:gucci:

And i fux wit that album heavy

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
His bandmates helped but they would tell you themselves that it was primarily Prince's show as far as songwriting, producing, arrangement and usually instrumentation too.
Aswell as the fact
whether it was with kenny gamble and leon huff during the jacksons era
Quincy jones during the eighties "musics version of Thanos" era
Or teddy riley with dangerous

The common denominator in all this is the genius of michael jackson

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It was called Purple Rain and its still played more on video and CD :russ:

nikkas haven't listened to Thriller since 96 burger king commercials when you could pick up a "spooky 6 piece"

Nobody talks about Mj already man :russ: He fell off so long before death and they tarnished his name that he's only looked back on for moonwalking and nostalgia. His good music has been trumped by his fukkery .... Dangerous is a good album that nobody will talk about. You should have brought up his depth instead of his hits that everyone is tired of and or overlooks
nikka u on crack? I wish nikkas posting abilities could get temporarily revoked for saying dumb shyt.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
He and a team of about 30+ musicians, producers and record label executives created the modern pop artist. You're giving this man far too much individual credit.
he writes and composes
Matter of fact hes written and composed better songs than prince has ever created
Michael jackson is not manufactured katty perry, brittney spears pop
How dare you even suggest this

He has a team. Prince has a team

You really think the revolution-wendy and lisa and the like dont have a hand in his compositions:beli:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
U got nikkas in here shytting on Stevie Wonder too??!! :snoop: nikkas need to NOT talk about black music or music in general. Stick to this new shyt. Cause y’all are OBVIOUSLY either extremely young or just plain ignorant.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
He and a team of about 30+ musicians, producers and record label executives created the modern pop artist. You're giving this man far too much individual credit.
U been saying dumb shyt this entire thread. I mean it’s clearly obvious u don’t know shyt about the process of making music.

• Dap
Reactions: GSR

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I will say this, for people born in the 50s-80s Mike had the advantage of being in your life from the time you were a kid until the day he died. Dude was basically a mainstay in pop culture for 40 years. :wow:

N711oir

All Star
Daps
MJ was the greater entertainer. Prince was the greater musician.

this/ Mj was like a wide receiver ( entertainer ) Prince quarter back ( technical playing instruments ) But prince could entertain and MJ could produce.
People forget other similarities like both being associated with the weird CULT of Jehovah's Witnesses:francis:

Both had mysterious deaths/ or murders :mjcry:

people never stop to think how do the celebrities always die alone:ohhh:
With all the groupies/ security/ cameras/ crews/ they always have to be discovered after some mysterious death:comeon: