why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Sensitivity where? Im not mad nor sad.

I was just curious as to how you guys really feel.

In fact I am more relaxed now that the truth is on the table.

Tbf, this is the opinion of one person and is not how most Africans feel. I will admit that the majority of Africans are indifferent towards African Americans but that's only because they have more pressing concerns to worry about. However, those that are more aware do genuinely care about black people from across the world's issues. As an African, I care about all of my diasporan and continental brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bernice2.jpg
n1awia.jpg
Name (s)

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I am OK with African Americans considering whom they want as black American. It is their "ethnicity" and so their right to determine whomever they want. However what I am not OK with is African Americans twisting the definition of black race and variously debasing it to suit their personal confusion. The black race itself is older than African Americans, older then America, and older than the white Americans whom seek to destroy it. Let it be what it is and always has been (and if you must do anything to do it, do so quietly).

For one, the "black" race isn't older than Aframs. You're talking about the "True Negroid" race

k59AaEv.jpg

0lCjmeI.jpg

but the thing is the "black" race/people as we define them today is more diverse the old "true negroid" race which is based on the true negro stereotype. Based on your own criteria of the "black" race, this isn't "black"

iDfBXjz.jpg

5Ap8zTs.jpg

J0Zu2Pc.jpg

..what we think of phenotypically as "black" today is in part, based on and influenced by Aframs/USA views of race/blackness.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I said "black racial definition". I don't think it has anything to do with that.

That post I made wasn't even directed towards you. I already spoke on the racial part

Anyway I'm done with this conversation. A person isn't black because they decide to be black, like a fcking human isn't a goat because they decide to be one.

a person is "black" because they are of black african descent. Nothing more, nothing less:ehh:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
It is generally the case and it has little to do with any caste system. It's just the way black people in their own country handle people who look different. It's like when whites call a mixed person "black".

It is because of the caste system, just like Garvey spoke on.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Admixture among African Americans is variable and dependent on the individual. Studies on AA genetics are flawed because there are people with little black ancestry whom identify as black (which further shows how ridiculous American racial norms are). Moreover AAs to the South are more black than AAs to the north. Darker AAs are more black than lighter ones. And so on and so forth.

Breh your caribbean you have no idea what your talking about. Most AA's from the north descend from those from the south:martin:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You're reaching and don't even understand the study.

Although there is some natural variability in black skin tone in the sense a brown skin and darker skin person is natural African variation, the general correlation between skin tone and African ancestry is still strong. Let me explain: the absolute correlation between skin tone and black ancestry is strong, but obscured by the inclusion of brown skin people, whom represent natural variation. This is why study results differ in correlation (but all note one):

YVgAbPQ.png

Given the above data and reconciling yours, if one range restricts and compares just light skin and dark skin people, the positive correlation between skin tone and black ancestry would skyrocket from 0.21 and 0.45. So if I take, for example, Benzino and compare him to Aldon Smith, the latter will have more black ancestry and darker skin. Black people are naturally darker skin so dark skin follows black genes.

This essentially means that darker skin IS strongly correlated with black ancestry. And this essentially the debate we're having too in questioning whether light skin and mixed people are black.

of course there is a correlation between being darker and less admixture but you can heavy admx and be dark or low admx and be light. It's how you get "rainbow" families.

8XvaRfO.jpg

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
:skip: Are you kidding me? Haile Selassie? Kwame Nkrumah?
Marcus Garvey influenced Kwame Nkrumah and a whole host of African Presidents not the other way around. Their age gap should clue you in. Kwame Nkrumah was only 5yrs old when Garvey founded the UNIA. Here are Nkrumah's own words
Slide5.JPG

Marcus Garvey was also perhaps the most outspoken critic of Haile Selassie..

Hard to see how he could draw influence from someone he didn't hold in high regards.:francis:
He gave a list, then I gave a list. Kwame influenced the movement not Garvey in general. and Garvey was most definitely influenced by Haile.

As for your link, you do realise your source comes from an Eritrean site (whom hate Ethiopians btw), and has no base source that Haile said any of those things what so ever? :dead:

On top of that Garvey isn't american, so even if he did lead the movement, it wasn't an american. So far all the early names....are not american. Malcolm X came after all of this. :dead:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
It doesn't say that anywhere on that page that you linked. Thanks for exposing yourself to be an illiterate son of a bytch.
I suggest you keep reading than you stupid motherfukker since it's more than a page.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
meh this is one of those things that only goes one way

no one gives a shyt when chicks go crazy over Drake and Chris Brown

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
some of you need to reconsider your lives that you dap up this dude whos sole reason in posting here is to shyt on Aframs
you hate lightskinned and mixed people that damn much?
:scust: