aerospace engineer
lawyers
interior designers
PR marketing directors
reporter
accountant
Sillicon Valley tech
cybersecurity

and I don't even have a college degree. Half the time I'm a lot sharper, better traveled, more informed than them, not always though---

but I do know a lot of my friends without degrees, who are pretty successful, it's harder for them, but they really aren't interested in those women, like that. You tend to attract a lot of what you are or embody, it's how people relate to one another.

they don't know what to talk about or how to carry themselves. There's a lot of class divisions in dating/relationships, that aren't really openly talked about.

I'm in that slippery place of having the looks and appeal, some of the money, and the "cultural capital" without the actual degree.

also dating on some level has to be somewhat comfortable. In the sense that someone firmly in the upper class, is not going to be entirely comfortable going to a date in like a Chilli's. The whole interaction is off from the first moment.
The background >>>> the degree.

I have a bachelor's and only stopped because I didn't want to take out student loans for a masters degree that wouldn't be worth it (waffled between MS in Finance and an MPA....but I hated accounting).

Some folks got degrees but come from humble backgrounds like myself. We can talk the talk but at our core, we still have that grindy/movin on up personality. We might make upper crusr money but WE aren't upper crust in our heart and mind.

The ones that grow up Jack N Jillin' and had middle/upper middle class parents? The ones that got a nice car from mommy and daddy at 16? They're a different breed and you'll always fight an uphill battle with them. Money won't matter because they'll have certain ideas, values and expectations that you can't match.

I grew up with free lunch, gubmint cheese and riding the bus. Even with the education and $$$, I couldn't relate to bougie broads. They talk about going to cotilllion and family vacations to nice places. I didn't fly on an airplane until I was 23. They talk about their house and backyard. I talk about the small apartment we had and the roaches that scattered when we turned the lights on. Whole apt complex was infested and no amount of cleaning, bait etc., would stop em.

Some fish are just better left in the ocean. I found a woman with similar education but a more humble background like mine and the compatibility was 100x better than with other women I dated.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
full

"I GOT A PHD!"

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Being educated and financially stable does not make you a good or great partner.
How can a relationship be successfully kept if you think you know everything because you're educated and financially stable?
Not every interaction needs a response. Not every conversation is a debate. Not every outing is an opportunity for you to flex.
Men avoid educated and financially stable women because educated and financially stable women think being educated and financially well off make them comparable to men. It don't, and every moment to not figure that out with every man you deal with is the reason men avoid you.
You're using you achievements as material possessions to prove you are as good as a man in the dating world.

Educated women who are financially stable and accountable for their actions who can reflect on their transgressions and make a positive change for themselves and their partner are rare.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Because these women aint worth settling down with they dont wanna be wives they wanna be YOUR boss when they get home!!! :mjlol: fukk all that

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I Just dealt with one of these "I am my career, look at my degrees type".

She asked me "What do you bring to the table?"
And I thought to myself "WTF do YOU bring to the table? All you've talked about is your fukking education so far."

Mind y'all, I just started a master's degree, have a Bachelor's degree and I make six figures.

My problem wasn't with her education or income (she was fantastic on both fronts).
It was with her complete lack of personality, robotic approach to dating and her focus on "achievements"
that hardly a soul will remember sixty years from now.

Can you be a good wife?
Can you be a good partner?
Can you be supportive and build with me?

Yes?
Okay then! That's what I wanna hear but if you can't do that well :yeshrug:

Financial stability is a huge deal with me but if you don't have it and you're
COACHABLE it's something we can work towards however if you're not a good PARTNER right
now at 30+, you likely NEVER WILL BE.

Last edited:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
When will women realize that relatively successful men don’t care anything about this. I can probably can on half of a hand how many times me and my friends have had conversations about how educated or financially stable our girlfriends/wives were/are.

No matter how much we tell them that’s not we care about, they refuse to believe it for some reason. Then they tell us we’re misogynistic for caring about the things we DO actually care about.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
When will women realize that relatively successful men don’t care anything about this. I can probably can on half of a hand how many times me and my friends have had conversations about how educated or financially stable our girlfriends/wives were/are.

No matter how much we tell them that’s not we care about, they refuse to believe it for some reason. Then they tell us we’re misogynistic for caring about the things we DO actually care about.
They know

They’ve been poisoned to hate being yin to our yang so we out here trying to make two yangs work and it never will

Just creates chaos

Find you a foreign girl that barely speaks English and doesn’t watch tv if you are a hard working black man that wants peace at home

Last edited: