Why do Games Like Halo And Gears of War ALWAYS Massively Outsell games Like Uncharted & Last of Us?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Lol at xbots madly twisting facts and numbers

Now please compare AAA exclusives series only in sales:

Halo, gears and forza vs gran turismo, mgs, god of war, uncharted, lbp, killzone, resistance, the last of us, heavy rain, infamous

fixed.

Bu...bu.....but Halo 3 in 07 sold 80 million copies. Can Last of Us claim that? :gladbron:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again your wrong.

The best selling halo beats the best selling GT

And the least selling halo beats the least selling GT

Truth hurts but you posted it yourself:manny:
Doesn't matter if people stop playing it 3 weeks later. Halo 4 was dead damn near a month after launch and to put this in proper perspective, older games released way before done surpassed it in player count. It's all hype, no substance.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Halo is the only reason I will regret making the switch over to PS4. But fukk a Microsoft anyhow

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Destiny fukk around and be better than Halo and that's on both systems so hey who knows.

Destiny is a MMORPG FPS game...let's not compare it to Halo...or any other FPS games out there. The game should be dope, it's being made by bungie...but it's a different type of game. Maybe you'll finally be good at a bungie game.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
man, arcadium is looking almost clear of stanning with courtney gone. we just have orly, meach and smooth3d putting in work

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
kid gamers are all over the consoles want these shoot 'em up multiplayers. they don't know nuttin' bout the triumph of completing a single player campaign of a serious game:stopitslime:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The answer is simple really.

MS puts more money in advertising their big time exclusives. They also got on a cycle the last 4 years of this generation basically and alternated their main sellers releases for Q4. You would go months without a MS exclusive title, but they would always dangle the carrot in front of their users/gamers faces because they all knew that the next Halo or Gears was dropping later in the year. You basically play multiplats until then.

Sony drops exclusives throughout the year, and they don't load up all of their marketing for 1 big name title because they have more to advertise for. Plus they're not major multiplayer based games like Halo/Gears.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
According to statistics, while Halo has topped the charts with over 30 million copies sold, and Gran Turismo with over 50 million, these two still pale in comparison to how much Wii Sports delivered. Their number for the Wii Sports title alone is pegged at 63 million copies.

But the numbers for Halo and Gran Turismo shown here are franchise numbers. Combined, they make up 80 million sold units. For the Wii Sports franchise, the number is up at 81 million. Unbelievable? Believe it.

Bruh, every Wii sold in the US came with Wii Sports, i think the same in Europe too.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Bruh, every Wii sold in the US came with Wii Sports, i think the same in Europe too.
I'm not sure if it did or didn't. I just posted that cause it was part of the article.

That being said.... They sold gt bundles. They sold halo bundles.

The point was the OP tried to put up the highest selling Xbox games vs mid level selling Ps games. But franchise to franchise, top seller to top seller, it's pretty much even.

You can switch the numbers or say this or that. But the numbers are the same.

And FPS will always pretty much lead. In America that is

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I'm not sure if it did or didn't. I just posted that cause it was part of the article.

That being said.... They sold gt bundles. They sold halo bundles.

The point was the OP tried to put up the highest selling Xbox games vs mid level selling Ps games. But franchise to franchise, top seller to top seller, it's pretty much even.

You can switch the numbers or say this or that. But the numbers are the same.

And FPS will always pretty much lead. In America that is

There is a difference between a limited time bundle and a pack in game. In the US you could not buy a Wii without Wii Sports, period.

Last edited: