Why do Games Like Halo And Gears of War ALWAYS Massively Outsell games Like Uncharted & Last of Us?

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
:patrice:

Halo4 sold huge numbers based off the Halo name. The population of the game has been in a nose dive since it came out due to a bunch of things. I don't know why you mentioned it with games that just got started this gen though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Huh GT sells more than halo and Uncharted sells the same as Gears. And Last of Us Just came out and sold 3.4million in a month. On top that Ps3 sells more software overall than 360 and is close to passing the Wii for most software sold in the generation. America does not equal the world.:stopitslime:

:duck:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
They sell more because dude bro shooters will always have a big fanbase

Microsoft invests in only dude bro shooters :heh: and I don't blame em. That's where the money's at. Ps3 had a much more varied catalogue of big budget exclusives though.

But yeah, dude bro shooters sell. That's why COD is consistently the best selling game.

But does that make it better than any other game? Of course not

And PS exclusives always leave with awards, last of us is gonna take GOTY, even over GTA V
I mean, I don't care about awards but Xbots seem to (ohhh titanfall won ____ award!!!)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
According to statistics, while Halo has topped the charts with over 30 million copies sold, and Gran Turismo with over 50 million, these two still pale in comparison to how much Wii Sports delivered. Their number for the Wii Sports title alone is pegged at 63 million copies.

But the numbers for Halo and Gran Turismo shown here are franchise numbers. Combined, they make up 80 million sold units. For the Wii Sports franchise, the number is up at 81 million. Unbelievable? Believe it.

Now I didn't post this for the wii stats but damn. But yea. GT is killing them out there. That's the whole series

Here's GT5 alone

Total Units
North America:2.63m25.0%
+ Europe:1.99m18.9%
+ Japan:0.80m7.6%
+ Rest of the World:5.11m48.5%
= Global10.54m

And here's halo 4

Total Units
North America:5.79m68.1%
+ Europe:1.88m22.1%
+ Japan:0.04m0.5%
+ Rest of the World:0.78m9.2%
= Global8.50m

Again...... The US does not equal the world. Although it is crazy how much the markets switch up. Reminds me of Japanese developers saying years ago "I don't know why Americans love these FPS, they all look the same"

I think shooting games just do better in a country where having guns is legal

• Dap
Reactions: Jax