Why do CACS refer to Africa like it's a country?

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

I have never heard any black, anywhere, refer to Africa as though it were a country. I hear whites saying it all the time.

Hell, I remember long ago some bytch told me that I'm African American because I'm an African descendant who lives in North America.

Needles to say, I threw the :childplease: at her and was tempted to :pacspit: at her.

I'm no more African than any white American/Canadian is European. Sure, our roots trace back to these places, but does that mean that I'm FROM there? Does that mean that the queen is related to the white people living in England? After all, a great deal of them are somehow related to the royal family.

I love my African brothas and sistas but my Caribbean family has not been purely African for centuries now. We shouldn't pretend like they have. :childplease:

Cacs think that black people are some kind of monolithic group. Basically if you have any kind of trace of black in you they lump you into the same category as every other black person. A lot of times they are so ignorant that they can't even imagine a black person from a region or country that they don't normally identify as black.

For example, I've got a lot of fam that lives in England. One of my cousins came to visit me while I was in college (I went to a predominantly white school) and I took him around campus to show him some sights. Some of the cacs I knew on campus started talking to us and they were amazed that my cousin was from England. Like on some, "they have black people in England?!" :ohhh:. Plus they couldn't wrap their heads around how "proper" he sounded because of his English accent. I guess one of the benefits for him was that a lot of the white girls were throwing him the :scheme: look.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of cacs don't really interact very much with black people outside of work and maybe school. They don't have close black friends and they don't really take the time to really understand black culture or history. They got all their information from the media. Black people understand cacs way more than cacs understand black people.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
if someone asked me if i was from north america i would say yes

concise

Veteran
Daps
I have never heard any black, anywhere, refer to Africa as though it were a country. I hear whites saying it all the time.
If I've heard it in NYC where there are Africans all over the place, I'd find it hard to believe whatever town you live in has all these enlightened black people.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The same way americans, both black and white, refer to 'europe' in the same way?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:why:

people say "are you from europe"?

i've never heard a person say that.

Not to English people, we're too distinguished from mainland europe for that.

But as soon as you enter the mainland it's all the same to you yankydoodles.

ODOYLE RULES

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Off the Cliff
Not to English people, we're too distinguished from mainland europe for that.

But as soon as you enter the mainland it's all the same to you yankydoodles.
spain, italian, germany, france all have distinct accents as well. lets be real, cacs have no problem breaking down europe into the different countries. africa is one big blob to them.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Just go to any inner city,trust,these dumb ass kids will refer to africa as a country:sitdown:

TO BE FAIR THE WAY AFRICA LOOKS ON A MAP MAKES IT LOOKS LIKE A COUNTRY.

HERE WE HAVE COUNTRY>STATE>CITY/TOWN/VILLAGE

LOOKING AT AFRICA ON THE MAP SUGGESTS THAT IT IS STRUCTURED LIKE A COUNTRY MORE THAN A CONTINENT.

ODOYLE RULES

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Off the Cliff
well its really easier to refer to it as one instead of 100 different shyt holes. sure like 5 countries have at least some sorta thing going on but for the most part the whole continent is a wasteland and yes ive researched it

you were a racist on sohh and a racist on here. get a life dweeb.

and what exactly is thailand offering the world? :rudy:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
South American, European, Asian, African...i don't got time to be memorizing all the individual countries...

Hola? South American
you paying with the Euro? European
you look Asian? Asian
you from Africa? African

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
:why:

people say "are you from europe"?

i've never heard a person say that.

:stopitslime: nikkaS SAY THAT shyt ALL THE TIME. HELL I'VE EVEN SAID IT. IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE VAST DIFFERENCE IN HOW WHITE PEOPLE LOOK FROM ONE COUNTRY TO THE NEXT OR THE LAST NAMES WE WOULD CALL IT ALL EUROPE.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
The same way americans, both black and white, refer to 'europe' in the same way?

The average white American can probably name ten times as many European countries as African ones. The only African countries that'll get named are South Africa and possibly Egypt.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The average white American can probably name ten times as many European countries as African ones. The only African countries that'll get named are South Africa and possibly Egypt.

That's simply because they cling to their ancestry in order to give themselves some sort of identity.

If it's not their specific country they don't give a fukk.

Of course they can name the big ones, but there's a shytload they'll never have heard of and will group as 'europe', or 'eastern europe' etc.