Why do cacs hate nickleback

Daps
Only the cynic and depressed dislike Coldplay. First time I saw Yellow, I said this would be a huge band. "A Rush of Blood to the Head" is probably the most complete rock album of 2000's. Green Eyes, Amsterdam(live) :lawd: The Scientist, etc. just a great album.

coldplay. :comeon:

no way am I listening to that shyt.

Much better:

Last edited by a moderator:

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
Everybody should hate bands like Nickelback that make trite soft rock. Everybody. Creed, Puddle of Mud, Nickelback, Train, etc should be declared inhumane uses of audio torture by the UN.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Also, I don't think white people hate them...who do you think is buying their records, merchandise and concert tickets? But there sure are a lot of white people that hate them. The hatred is probably strongest in those who view rock n roll as a genre that still has the potential for actual emotion, social commentary, danger and creativity.

It's funny to me that this board complains about Rap/Hip-Hop falling off. :childplease: Rock is in a scary place and has been for awhile. We've got a lot of good bands out here. Mumford and Sons, Band of Horses, Arcade Fire, TV on the Radio, Jake Bugg, but where are the Coldplays, U2's, Nirvana's, Radiohead's(old radiohead), Van Halen, Lenny Kravitz's?

ADLT

make u feel sum type a wave
Daps
Reppin
choom gang
:dj: i thought everyone hated nickleback except hillbillies

probably the greatest video on youtube

Daps
It's funny to me that this board complains about Rap/Hip-Hop falling off. :childplease: Rock is in a scary place and has been for awhile. We've got a lot of good bands out here. Mumford and Sons, Band of Horses, Arcade Fire, TV on the Radio, Jake Bugg, but where are the Coldplays, U2's, Nirvana's, Radiohead's(old radiohead), Van Halen, Lenny Kravitz's?

:skip:
@ you putting coldplay up in that list. Also not naming Rolling Stones or Beatles :beli:

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
coldplay. :comeon:

no way am I listening to that shyt.

Much better:

The Naked And Famous - Young Blood - YouTube

I like Passion Pit's version better :pachaha:

Goddamn they plagiarized something serious, but I dig the indy stuff. Even the indy stuff isn't the same. There's no Death Cab for Cutie albums(I realized Postal Service is performing at Lalapalooza)...Where are the Shins?

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
:skip:
@ you putting coldplay up in that list. Also not naming Rolling Stones or Beatles :beli:

Because that's impossible to ask. :wow:..There's not going to be another Rolling Stones like there isn't going to be another Pac. That's once in a lifetime sound. We talking Tumblin Dice, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sympathy for the Devil, Paint It Black, Gimme Shelter. We talking some of the finest music ever made. Can't ask for that. :yeshrug:

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago

Every fan complains about this. People were saying 'punk is dead' barely a year after they had the word 'punk rock' to describe the sounds that were bubbling up from the underground scenes in NY and the UK back in the late 1970s.

Musical fandom is sort of a tribal thing. People create lines of what is acceptable in order to make their tastes the guide for what counts and what doesn't. It took me years to realize this, and now I can appreciate Chief Keef, ATCQ, Beanie Sigel, The Coup and UGK in the same playlist, because I've learned to appreciate hip-hop in its entirety, rather than because of a few specific things that appealed to me most during the developing years of my love for the music.

Daps

so bad but so good haha

also this, one of my favorite mainstream hits.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzJ21OpFnZ0"]Against Me! - Thrash Unreal (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

Daps
Every fan complains about this. People were saying 'punk is dead' barely a year after they had the word 'punk rock' to describe the sounds that were bubbling up from the underground scenes in NY and the UK back in the late 1970s.

Musical fandom is sort of a tribal thing. People create lines of what is acceptable in order to make their tastes the guide for what counts and what doesn't. It took me years to realize this, and now I can appreciate Chief Keef, ATCQ, Beanie Sigel, The Coup and UGK in the same playlist, because I've learned to appreciate hip-hop in its entirety, rather than because of a few specific things that appealed to me most during the developing years of my love for the music.

Lol punk is not dead in the least.

But yeah my taste in music widened too--no longer a music snob.