Bruh im not being a elitist, I dont even care for anime or manga

but One piece has everything that is needed to be the GOAT of manga and anime

-it has been the face of shonen in this post DB era

-it revolutionizedd manga espescially in adventure department

-long running and still great

-critical acclaim with mutiple awards

- In Japan OP >>> DB and Oda >>>> Akira

and so on and so forth

just because yall dont know OP like you do DB doesnt mean it is not GOAT. Because to everyone else espescially in Japan, Asia etc OP is above Dragonball

Growing up Dbz and yu yu hakusho I would have said were the goats. But as I've gotten older and could appreciate anime more i realized One piece is the goat.

Rell Shyt

^All FACTS

like i said love DB as a franchise but when the series is over real negus know One Piece will be the GOAT.I think what hurt one piece is not geting that same exposure as db in the states.Imagine if the funimation dub aired along side DBZ we'd probably be having a diffrent convo plus the length puts ppl off (not me tho im too invested in One Piece and Detective Conan to stop now :yeshrug:)

Daps
Reppin
Bluff City 901 and The Heartland ICT!
DBZ was a good intro into Anime, but Cowboy Bebop is the standard for classic anime storytelling and considered a GOAT series.

It depends on the genre of anime you're into and if it's comparable to the manga (comic) of that same series. In Japan, you graduate to Japanese nuances, lifestyle, and story. I'll never forget watching Samurai Champloo in Japan as it came on TV around 1-2am late night as the language was too mature in Japanese (Kids didn't watch that, unlike Pokemon & Shin-chan). Full Metal Alchemist ranks high on the list. If you like stuff like Golden Boy, you'll love GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka).

My Picks:
If you like an interesting storyline, watch a series like My-HIME (first) then My-Otome (After watching My-HIME)
It's starts lighthearted and playful, then gets serious real quick as the story progresses!

Series about Japanese life and will have your emotions played with: Welcome to the NHK

Director: Anything by Satoshi Kon (Paranoia Agent is a Japanese classic)

My recent classic you can watch on Amazon Prime: Last Hero Inuyashiki ( the clash between the older and younger generations with story and action) :wow:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
it's the nostalgia factor. seeing goku turn SS for the first time as a kid was unbelievable, tho even at the time i was like damn this fight is dragging out :stopitslime:

another gateway anime was the movie Ninja Scroll. I remember watching it with my Dad. He don't fukk wit anime at all but we were both :whoo: at the fights. It was the rawest shyt i'd ever seen to that point, that was when i knew i was hooked on this anime shyt

then ADV tried to troll nikkas with that Ninja Resurrection shyt :bryan:It was actually kinda hard :ld: even if completely unrelated to the OG movie but they never finished it smh...

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
it's the nostalgia factor. seeing goku turn SS for the first time as a kid was unbelievable, tho even at the time i was like damn this fight is dragging out :stopitslime:

I promise you if you took a poll, 103% of DBZ fans that were kids at that time would have said the same thing. :russ:

another gateway anime was the movie Ninja Scroll. I remember watching it with my Dad. He don't fukk wit anime at all but we were both :whoo: at the fights. It was the rawest shyt i'd ever seen to that point, that was when i knew i was hooked on this anime shyt

My gateway anime was Fist of the North Star the Movie. Ninja Scroll came soon after. Both movies are raw as shyt. Akira, Project A-ko, Bubblegum Crisis, early memories. :mjcry:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I used to watch DBZ all the time. DBZ is about as casual as you can get, I don't know why I have to keep saying this. You're not automatically an Anime fan if you watch DBZ and this is coming from someone who doesn't watch Anime.

Folks just want to latch on for attention, that's all there is to it. Nerds were castrated, now everybody trying to be a nerd. Talm bout some, "I used to watch Yugio" "I'm a DBZ fan."

A broad tell me she's a DBZ and fan I just laugh in their face, not telling them that don't mean shyt.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Dbz was amazing as a kid but when you get older the flaws start to show

- hand to hand combat was repetitive. It was just blurs and sound effects (compare that to the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the waterfall for example)
- the filler episodes were unbearable sometimes
- characters didn’t have enough signature moves
naruto's filler was unbearable and frequent. That show is 50% filler