Why do Anime elitist constantly pretend like Drgaon ball Z isn’t the goat Anime

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
DBZ GETS THAT TITLE BECAUSE OF TIMING. DBZ BROUGHT ANIME TO THE MASSES IN THE US. IT'S THE SAME REASON PEOPLE PUT FINAL FANTASY 7 AS GOAT IN THE RPG CATEGORY. FINAL FANTASY PUT RPG'S ON THE MAP FOR THE AVERAGE GAMER.

Because we all know Crono Trigger or Legend of Dragoon is the GOAT RPG :jawalrus:

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
You must be right cause it's the only Japanese 'anime' i was ever able to get into.:yeshrug:

All that other Japanese shyt has looked trash to me, ALL of it.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Objectively the best. :MauryORly:

On a subjective medium. :Egregious1:

I don't consider DBZ the GOAT but this type of bullshyt attitude is what the OP ( Double entendre. Don't ask me how. ) is talking about. Unfortunately elitist fukk up everything in human history.
Oh & can't have an Anime discussion without the brehs @42 Monks & @CubanVoodooBreh . :FlabbyUMad:
Bruh im not being a elitist, I dont even care for anime or manga

but One piece has everything that is needed to be the GOAT of manga and anime

-it has been the face of shonen in this post DB era

-it revolutionizedd manga espescially in adventure department

-long running and still great

-critical acclaim with mutiple awards

- In Japan OP >>> DB and Oda >>>> Akira

and so on and so forth

just because yall dont know OP like you do DB doesnt mean it is not GOAT. Because to everyone else espescially in Japan, Asia etc OP is above Dragonball

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Dbz big issue was it was the ultimate paradox of an anime that was rushed like shyt and went on too long with filler

It’s seen as so good because emotionally it’s one of the hardest hitting ones out there

But as far as plot, animation, and overall theme it can fall short, now if the Buu saga never happened then we could definetly call it top 5 for sure (it arguably is but not to me, I’d have it like 7-8 out of the top 10)

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DBZ will always be held in high esteem and it did influence a lot of subsequent anime but it is not the GOAT at all, many shows have vastly improved on the things DBZ did to the point I don't think I can go back and watch it again, it was a moment in time and that time is over.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Actually now that I think about it if the shyt ended with the cell saga could you imagine just how much more enduring and emotionally gripping the series would be?

To have Goku die at the end of it all? Man that would’ve been so sad but beautiful

I also feel the buu saga would’ve been better if buu was kid buu first then progressed into super, with everyone fighting him and straight up dying till it’s gohan and a few others left and they take him to the afterlife through some methods and goku pitches in to help the fight, and then gohan giving him one last hug and goku saying some shyt like “I love you son *serious face*........ but man I really do miss chi chi’s cooking”
I’m very sure the development was frantic and probably pushed the team behind the show to edge since toryiama literally almost drew himself to death so there was a lot of fine tweaking they probably had in mind but just went screw it.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
As a kid I loved it, I'd say DBZ is the best shounen anime period in terms of action, music and the use of emotions, however in other departments, DBZ fails, Akira Toriyama pretty much wrote DBZ half heartedly he's stated that SS1 was a mistake, eventually Akira got exposed with the god awful DBS, I had to cancel that shyt. I agree DBZ has inspired many Mangaka's and various non japanese authors with unquie looking apperances and projectile type powers. In my opinon I'd say HXH is the goat anime it pretty much covers all areas and genres.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Bruh im not being a elitist, I dont even care for anime or manga

but One piece has everything that is needed to be the GOAT of manga and anime

-it has been the face of shonen in this post DB era

-it revolutionizedd manga espescially in adventure department

-long running and still great

-critical acclaim with mutiple awards

- In Japan OP >>> DB and Oda >>>> Akira

and so on and so forth

just because yall dont know OP like you do DB doesnt mean it is not GOAT. Because to everyone else espescially in Japan, Asia etc OP is above Dragonball

None of what you just typed in all that proves objective basis for it being better than anything else. You just used 200 words just to say it's popular because that's all your bullet points amount to. Which proves nothing.

1 + 1 = 2 That's an objective fact.

OP being the GOAT because it's popular and other people agree is subjective.

Oh & :DyingLaughing: at you trying to suggest that I don't know Anime/Manga because I don't agree with your stance. Lazy AF. :FlabbyUMad:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But DB isn't the goat it's a classic and legend.
Call me a One Piece Stan, but One piece will and is the objective goat.

It does what DB does but much more.

In Japan(where it matters) OP is the successor and is just if not almost a big of a franchise as Dragonball. So u can't pull " it doesn't have the popularity" or whatever

Op has everything in all facets to be the goat
Accalim
Popularity
Awards
Etc

Idc about the rest. Cause all I know is OP, DB and AOT.

But that don't matter because OP going off everything will be the GOAT when it finishes

You see it