Why do Anime elitist constantly pretend like Drgaon ball Z isn’t the goat Anime

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Because there are objectively better anime out there. It would be like saying Transformers is the best animated show of all time when DBZ is objectively better, but if a nikka don't watch anime, how the fukk would he know or even be able to be taken seriously when critiquing a show???

Also, because most cats don't fukk with anime, yet place DBZ on a pedestal...imagine calling Kobe the greatest shooting guard of all time even though you never seen Jordan play?

Stoop Kid

I think i can
Daps
Reppin
ps 118
Dbz was amazing as a kid but when you get older the flaws start to show

- hand to hand combat was repetitive. It was just blurs and sound effects (compare that to the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the waterfall for example)
- the filler episodes were unbearable sometimes
- characters didn’t have enough signature moves

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
DBZ not even in the top 10. It probably would be top 10 if the show stopped after the Planet Namek saga but the power levels start to get all over the place and the story telling has inconsistent plot holes. Especially when Goku got the heart attack that was just bad writing. Like come on son :stopitslime:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
It's definitely not tho. Most important by far, it changed everything, but some shows have taken what DBZ did and improved on it.

My Hero Academia isn't the GOAT anime by any means, but it's literally just the perfect execution of the genre DBZ crafted

Hunter x Hunter 2011 subverted the whole genre to create an insane experience that surpasses just about everything in the genre

Then you have Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood which is almost the pinnacle of visual media :wow: literally perfection