Why do Americans Eat Dessert for Breakfast?

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Lately I usually eat Honey nut cheerios or cinnamon oat crunch cheerios in the morning during most weekdays. On Saturday, I'll eat turkey sausage and waffles (normally with scrambled eggs, but I haven't purchased eggs from the store in a minute). I usually drink OJ in the morning too. OJ is my favorite drink and it's good for the vitamin c. Other than that and milk in my cereal (good for the calcium), I've mainly been drinking water (somedays that's all I drink). It may not be the healthiest diet, but it works for me. :manny:

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
F9VR.gif
I'm posting from a resort in Cancun best believe I'm going to be eating all kinds omelettes, pancakes and french toast for breakfast this week.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Oatmeal
Eggs
Fruit
Toast
Smoothie
Turkey Bacon

Only
Yeah I'm primarily doing a jar of overnight oats + oak/almond milk+ Greek yogurt for breakfast.

Occasionally I'll cheat with some cornmeal porridge but otherwise, I'm not doing the cereal and super heavy foods thing in the morning.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

- Very sugary cereal, which is basically candy with milk
- Very sugary pop tarts
- Very sugary granola bar
- Hashbrowns, which is basically french fries
- IHOP culture of pancakes and waffles with syrup which is liquid sugar, with chocolate sundaes
- Then you add Whipped cream, caramel, chocolate, frosting, and food dyes

Then you combine it with Lunch/Dinner fast food options. The American diet is really crazy

And we wonder why so many people in their 30s/40s/50s are dying left and right or are battling life threatening chronic diseases :francis:

Yeah that’s why I skip breakfast most of the time. Majority of breakfast dishes seem geared towards children. I don’t want anything sweet for breakfast