Why do all bodybuilders only lift one body part per week,are splits really needed?

Daps
These guys have the best bodies in the world,Im not talking about Ronnie Coleman type big,but the Chris Jones,Mike Rashid's,Hodgetwins of the world, and they do one body part per week.

Why are splits needed,when these guys don't do splits?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Certain supps/aids make the muscle tissue regerenation last much longer than the usual 48hrs(approx), what kind of supps? :mjpls:

200_s.gif

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
U can make gains on a once a week split if u lift long enough. And Hodgetwins have admitted to "supplement help". But I prefer to hit shyt multiple times a week.

Here was the split I am thinking to do for my bulk:
Code:
        Tuesday     Thursday    Saturday
3x6 A   Bench       S Press     Deadlifts
3x6 B   Chins       Squats      L Rows
3x10 A  U Rows      Bench       S Press
3x10 B  F Squats    U Rows      L Rows
3x10 C  H Curls     Chins       Chins
3x10 D  CG Bench    H Curls     H Curls
Acc A   TPD         TPD         L Raises
Acc B   Curls       Calves      Curls
Everything is supersetted so I do A/B and C/D back to back (with a little rest between)

But u get the idea. Any full body split will work as long as its balanced and works on whatever weaknesses u have. U dont have to do 30 sets on one body part in a session to grow.....

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
U can make gains on a once a week split if u lift long enough. And Hodgetwins have admitted to "supplement help". But I prefer to hit shyt multiple times a week.
Pretty much anybody you see on YouTube that's got a nice body is on some type of steroid and lying and saying they're natural. It's just part of the game.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Pretty much anybody you see on YouTube that's got a nice body is on some type of steroid and lying and saying they're natural. It's just part of the game.
This.

As soon as I see dudes selling stuff or sponsoring/being sponsored, I know the deal.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Thread has absolutely nothing to do with steroids yet you see idiots regurgitating rumors and shyt they've heard but don't actually know. Not saying it isn't true or not but it isn't relevant to the topic

Either way back on topic, most of those dudes have been lifting for years. And regardless of what they have or have not taken, "noob" gains from begginer types of workouts will start to plateau after years of lifting

You start focusing more on specific muscle groups to hit those areas with more detail so when you work a muscle more you give it more time to rest. You aren't going to be heavy lifting a muscle group with ~15+ sets multiple times a week because your joints will start to deteriorate and you increase your risk of injury

But like I've told people here and tell people in real life all the time. Figure out what your level of fitness and fitness goals are then find a workout tailored to what you're trying to accomplish

If your a beginner you should be doing beginner types of workouts so you can gain mass. Then as you gain experience you start to progress towards more intermediate and advanced workouts that will target specific areas in a little more detail

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This.

As soon as I see dudes selling stuff or sponsoring/being sponsored, I know the deal.
It's like the fast food places that take a piece of plastic and mold it into a burger and take pictures of it. That's what you see in the ads not even real food. They need to make you want the product and for that it needs to look the part so they need something that looks better than how that product naturally looks.

There's nothing wrong with taking steroids but people shouldn't be naive enough to believe people who get paid to have a certain look don't cut out all the stops to attain and maintain that look. especially when they don't have to prove they aren't on drugs and the proof is simply their word alone.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
im pretty sure Chris Jones doesnt do once a week...he preaches high volume.
He's in the gym like 2hrs...even if he was doing once a week, thats much more than the average dude.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im pretty sure Chris Jones doesnt do once a week...he preaches high volume.
He's in the gym like 2hrs...even if he was doing once a week, thats much more than the average dude.

Chris Jones is entertaining and I will always watch his videos because I like him and I've been following him for years (he was one of the first people that I learned some exercises from and was inspired to lift from watching pause) but I'm betting he's on dat dere celltech.

Some of his cringeworthy videos where he pretends to not know anything about gear, and just from looking at his physique over the long haul, he's probably not natural.

I've heard him say he does fullbody on cuts and does his splits on bulk. When I first got "serious" I basically trained like he did. However I think my diet contributed more to my ability to lift than my training necessarily.

I don't really train for aesthetics or anything like that so I don't give a shyt about all of the extra volume he does

All in all the reality is most of these guys that aren't natty are the ones that advocate splits for bodybuilding. That's what that style of training was originally for

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Here was the split I am thinking to do for my bulk:
Code:
        Tuesday     Thursday    Saturday
3x6 A   Bench       S Press     Deadlifts
3x6 B   Chins       Squats      L Rows
3x10 A  U Rows      Bench       S Press
3x10 B  F Squats    U Rows      L Rows
3x10 C  H Curls     Chins       Chins
3x10 D  CG Bench    H Curls     H Curls
Acc A   TPD         TPD         L Raises
Acc B   Curls       Calves      Curls
Everything is supersetted so I do A/B and C/D back to back (with a little rest between)

But u get the idea. Any full body split will work as long as its balanced and works on whatever weaknesses u have. U dont have to do 30 sets on one body part in a session to grow.....

When did they admit to steroids?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Chris Jones is entertaining and I will always watch his videos because I like him and I've been following him for years (he was one of the first people that I learned some exercises from and was inspired to lift from watching pause) but I'm betting he's on dat dere celltech.

Some of his cringeworthy videos where he pretends to not know anything about gear, and just from looking at his physique over the long haul, he's probably not natural.

I've heard him say he does fullbody on cuts and does his splits on bulk. When I first got "serious" I basically trained like he did. However I think my diet contributed more to my ability to lift than my training necessarily.

I don't really train for aesthetics or anything like that so I don't give a shyt about all of the extra volume he does

All in all the reality is most of these guys that aren't natty are the ones that advocate splits for bodybuilding. That's what that style of training was originally for
well, I was just commenting on his volume.

I personally dont care if these guys are roiding.
Im a normal guy that is just working out for health, vanity, strength reasons...not to make money.
So I dont expect to look like someone whose dedicated their lives to working out.

I tend to think that people who are always worried about people taking roids are just looking for an excuse as to why they dont look the way they want to look...
...or just flat out hating.

Truth is...most people, even on roids wouldnt put the work in that is needed to get that perfect (what they consider perfect) body.

You see the same shyt when talking about successful/rich people.
People are always trying to find a way to cut them down...just because they want to keep that lie in their head that perfection/success is only for cheaters and lucky people.