Why didn't bloody roar do as well as other fighting games?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same thing that happened to many other series with great gameplay, if it doesnt become take off in popularity, it doesnt take off in sales. Thats how a series dies.
Many gamers forget that fact. The reason many game series become dormant is because they weren't making money.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same thing that happened to many other series with great gameplay, if it doesnt become take off in popularity, it doesnt take off in sales. Thats how a series dies.
Many gamers forget that fact. The reason many game series become dormant is because they weren't making money.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Man...me and my brother was talking about this game the other day lol.....It was a dope fighting game, but was overlooked due to all the fighting games that were popular at the time.

I had the one on gamecube......never played the playstation versions

Imagine going up against

Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Tekken
Soul Caliber
Guilty Gear
Virtua Fighter
KOF
Killer Instinct
Super Smash bros
Primal Rage
Marvel vs Capcom
:whew:

The transformations was a great way of standing out but it wasnt enough...

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Bloody Roar was an incredible game. It was starting to lean towards goofy with the GameCube release. 1,2,and 3 were all animal based transformations, then they added in that aliens and a mutated half beast. They king of lost their way. I never cared about sales, and even less back when I was a kid, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the GameCube version sold terribly and was the reason no others were released.

Rival Schools was another incredible game. Everyone I know that played it, loved it. But again, I don’t know how it sold in the US which has always seemed to be dominated by street fighter and Mortal Kombat.

Guilty Gear, Rival Schools, Bloody Roar, and King of Fighters all seem to get overlooked heavily which is unfortunate.

:whew::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew: