Why didn't bloody roar do as well as other fighting games?

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sure bloody Roar came out when fighters were much bigger, but come on, bloody Roar set itself completely apart from every other fighting game. No other game had transformations like that at all, and if you COULD find one, it won’t be on the level of how well bloody Roar did it.
exactly, there was no other fighting game at the time where you could go from human to animal to change up the whole dynamic of the match.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Itll make a comeback....though i never played it, but if Killer Instinct and EX fighting game can make a comeback then this can too....i feel like Netherealm should get it and give it the modern spin like with MK
I doubt it will make comeback its developer(Hudson) is owned by Konami.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
:beli: dreams crushed considering the only thing konami wanna do these days is use their IPs for pachinko games
What a shytty company. It's a good thing Hideo parted ways with them. Konami is terrible at launching fighting games, back in 1998 they released a limited amount of arcade cabinets in Japan of a fighting game called "Battle Tyrest" with limited promotion and then canceling the Homeport.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I got surprised seeing someone mention Bloody Roar here. Yesterday I was reading some concept game idea on some wiki of Bloody Roar Vs Psychic Force, it was an interesting read.
dont be breh. We serious around these parts about games and anime.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Sure bloody Roar came out when fighters were much bigger, but come on, bloody Roar set itself completely apart from every other fighting game. No other game had transformations like that at all, and if you COULD find one, it won’t be on the level of how well bloody Roar did it.
The only thing Blood Roar took from another game was the ring out function from fighting Vipers
8k6yrvlt3ijz.gif

giphy.gif

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I felt it was too gimmicky and not deep enough to survive during this time, when tournament fighters were super good.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I got surprised seeing someone mention Bloody Roar here. Yesterday I was reading some concept game idea on some wiki of Bloody Roar Vs Psychic Force, it was an interesting read.
Psychic Force was flames.
I still have my original copy for Dreamcast.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Psychic Force was flames.
I still have my original copy for Dreamcast.
Good game indeed the battle concept at the time was unique fighting flying in the air inside a cube. Destrega got inspiration from Psychic force Particularly on shooting and minimal hand to hand combat. The DC version of Psychic Force 2012 was great the only drawback was the small roster and minimal game modes whereas the PS2 version filled that void. There's a new game released in Japan called Senko no Ronde 2 it's basically a spiritual successor of Psychic Force, the former employees that worked on PF developed this game.