Why did you walk away from religion/god?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
When I was like 9 and asked my preacher after church did they have Nintendo in heaven and he told me they did, and that they had all the games. I was excited as hell. But later the kid was thinking and was like I don’t know, that shyt sound fishy :patrice:

So I called a meeting with my family and told them fukk that church shyt, I’m gonna be staying home on Sundays to watch wrestling so I can see my nikka the Ultimate Warrior come of the ropes hype as hell body slamming nikkas.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
When I was like 9 and asked my preacher after church did they have Nintendo in heaven and he told me they did, and that they had all the games. I was excited as hell. But later the kid was thinking and was like I don’t know, that shyt sound fishy :patrice:

So I called a meeting with my family and told them fukk that church shyt, I’m gonna be staying home on Sundays to watch wrestling so I can see my nikka the Ultimate Warrior come of the ropes hype as hell body slamming nikkas.
if the kingdom of heaven is at hand...he didnt lie to you :youngsabo:

Bible Gateway passage: Proverbs 8 - King James Version

Proverbs 8:32-36

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
I remember the day to the T when i stopped the religion my family was under.
I was young and already on my decline on my academics in middle school. I worked my ass off just to get a 79% GPA on my semester report card.
All my moms did was just praise god, it meant alot to her but I was in the back seat of the car like, nah fukk that. I actually tried this semester and you giving my work to him?
I told her that I don't want to goto the church any more, i was forced to goto church back then with her. I didn't like the lady catching the holy ghost every fukking time. I didn't have a attachment to the church. I did not enjoy the social aspect church at all. She told me , just get baptized and then its up to me. So I honored her plan and did that , got dipped in water and never went again with her.

It didnt help to be in a hot ass church for 3-4 hours. It was torture. I dont know how people do it.

I instead listend the hymns to Mobb Deep and rocked out

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I’m a Taoist and the Greeks make more sense have studied lots of religions-with scholars Divinity grads and monks galore-some are pure cults and also harmful adherents are the fastest way to drive me away. Many are haplessly clueless and follow stupid things they don’t know about nor the historical context
In which it flourished. Aquinas and the scholars are interesting however.

A church is beneficial for its power and relative insular status from laws and rules but not it’s values and I do not give money.

Sky Daddy is not going to smite your opps or pain away. Nor will the bottle or drugs.

Last edited: