Why did they cast Danny Glover for Predator 2?

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
They fukked up the Predator sequel. How did they not hire Arnold for a sequel at all? They barely developed Predator storyline either. Just few more guns, gadgets and seeing the ship with other Predators.....BULLshyt! A generic action movie with one liners and some cool scenes here and there I guess. They put the Predator storyline on a treadmill. At least Alien got a sequel arguably better than the first film.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That was the most straight forward thing you ever posted :dwillhuh:

the number of Smithsonian Art Barr museum curators is at an all time high.

who is this coli Harold lederman person.
who logs all my post data and knows all these stats.
I have to be the only curated poster who ever lived.

art barr

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Danny Glover did a great job in Predator 2

Stop hating:stopitslime:

he carried that horrible fox studios nineties cliche low budget looking film.
they are lucky they had glover in it to carry it at all.

movie is prison industrial economy handout part bullshyt.

put that man in a franchise movie and it is basura.
when he already was in one of the few actual lice se film properties that was a eighties and nineties draw in lethal weapon.
they did glover dirty as fukk.
in the first one they even hidr van damm too short in a hood as just casual legendary lore. This movie. Just left DANNY out there. At least in story the black man was king tho.
past that...fukk that low budget death of a potential block buster franchise bullshyt ass movie.

art barr

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
he carried that horrible fox studios nineties cliche low budget looking film.
they are lucky they had glover in it to carry it at all.

movie is prison industrial economy handout part bullshyt.

put that man in a franchise movie and it is basura.
when he already was in one of the few actual lice se film properties that was a eighties and nineties draw in lethal weapon.
they did glover dirty as fukk.
in the first one they even hidr van damm too short in a hood as just casual legendary lore. This movie. Just left DANNY out there. At least in story the black man was king tho.
past that...fukk that low budget death of a potential block buster franchise bullshyt ass movie.

art barr
They fukked up Glover on this one real bad. They even slipped in Bill Paxton who did Pvt. Hudson in Aliens really well. And here in Predator 2 I though he looked underwhelming. Game over, man.

We never get to see the proper sequel to the original Predator film. AVP and Predators at least tried to develop storyline, unlike that horrible sequel. Not the most perfect movies either, but give me those over Predator 2 anytime.

I don't wanna see Predator gangland episode with too many predictable jokes and Predator murking rival gang members, the fukk is this shyt :mjlol:

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I always liked Predator 2 better than Predator 1

First predator just that typical fight scenes action monster movie. Predator 2 does the nice meld between cop movie and monster movie. And that last scene with Danny and the Predator royalty is the best scene in the franchise, sometimes I look for it on youtube just to watch agian.
Strongly disagree with you on this one:

Predator 1 is one of the best alpha male movies in Hollywood. Everyone nailed their part. The film portrays Predator as a strong opponent too. The crew takes down the rebel base just easy and yet they look so underpowered against the Predator. The movie stays mysterious for more than a half part, keeps raising the tension just perfect, has a very good pace, has one liners and other jokes timed really well. Keeps a great claustrophobic feeling throughout the movie, the jokes end as the movie progresses them knowing they are being hunted and they can't escape the jungles till they reach the helicopter. It also makes you care about every crew member just like Alien and Aliens films did. Predator 2? We only give a shyt about Glover and the film portrays Predator as some sci-fi alien superthug who kills rival gang members and has cops looking for him to take him down, fukk that :mjlol:

And the battle duel between Arnold and Predator is epic with Arnold battle cry scene being the best scene from the franchise. shyt just got real.

Predator 2 meanwhile is all over the place, it tries to do too many unnecessary things, doesn't develop Predator storyline at all other than the ending where we find out more about the Predators. You're free to like any movie you want, just like any of us. But I've never heard anyone rating Predator 2 higher than the OG film. Can you imagine Alien movie based in the city? Oh wait they had one in AVP2, and that was one of the worst movies ever.

Predator 2 is like watching Alien 4, a cheapened out movie. You can enjoy it, Predator 2 did have some cool scenes, but in overall product it doesn't compare to the original one.

Last edited: