Why did they cast Danny Glover for Predator 2?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Busey was extra comic relief :mjlol:

"A fukkin alien"

"We have to capture him :dahell:"

Predator switched up the infrared and was looking like "no the fukk they didn't :ohhh:"
I haven't seen this shyt in like twenty years and now I want to watch it again because of this thread! :russ::wow:

SCORPIO IS READY! :mjlol::russ:

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
If Wesley was casted instead, which is possible, he couldn't do any fighting. The whole motif of Predator 2 was a Everyday Cop vs. the Predator.

But because of Lethal Weapon giving him exposure, Danny made a solid choice, plus Danny had the age factor which helped with his squabbles with the Captain; you cannot imagine a young cop like Wesley being able to pull that off against Robert Davi, you need a older actor who had the look of working years on the street to bark back

at5kit2m95o61.jpg

Plus Gary Busey as well; Lethal Weapon reunion.

Gary is underrated as a movie a$$hole. He was a dikk in Under Siege and Lethal Weapon. You naturally wanted to kick his ass.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Arnold was supposed to come back for Predator 2 but they wouldn't meet his price. The original plan was to do a buddy cop type situation with Arnold and Patrick Swayze in the Det. Harrigan role but once Arnold was out that got scrapped.
Then the studio was interested in Steven Seagal but Seagal started wanting to change the character from a LA detective into a CIA doctor who was also a master martial artist so they moved away from him.
Eventually Joel Silver (who was producing the movie) decided that either Gary Busey, Steve Kahan or Danny Glover (veterans from Silver's Lethal Weapon franchise) would be the finalists to be considered for the role and everyone involved decided on Glover.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Arnold's GOAT but I think i enjoy watching P2 more:lolbron:
Glover was so over the top, sweaty, cursing all his superiors out:mjlol:
He was amazing:wow:

MV5BNTBmZjk4YjQtN2YwNC00NWViLWI1NzAtOTY4ZjI2N2Y5Yzc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTg2OTc4Nzk@._V1_.jpg

His team of cops is one of my favorite movie cops ever

TheCastPredator2.jpg
Fun fact that you probably know. Bill Paxton is the only guy to be killed by a Predator, an Alien, and a Terminator.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
What Predator 2 did as well at the end, it explained that Predators are aliens built on respect. When Danny killed the Predator, and had him surrounded, they were a species that valued 1 on 1 combat. They simply gave him the pistol and took the body, they wouldn't kill a worthy opponent in a unfair fight.

Its also why Lena didn't die, it knew that she was a mother and was defending her child... at least in the Predators view.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Arnold was supposed to come back for Predator 2 but they wouldn't meet his price. The original plan was to do a buddy cop type situation with Arnold and Patrick Swayze in the Det. Harrigan role but once Arnold was out that got scrapped.
Then the studio was interested in Steven Seagal but Seagal started wanting to change the character from a LA detective into a CIA doctor who was also a master martial artist so they moved away from him.
Eventually Joel Silver (who was producing the movie) decided that either Gary Busey, Steve Kahan or Danny Glover (veterans from Silver's Lethal Weapon franchise) would be the finalists to be considered for the role and everyone involved decided on Glover.

:mjlol:CIA Doctor with MMA Certs :dead: He probably would stick defibrillators on the Predator's chest, and yell at the nurses to "CLEAR!"