Why did Naruto become such trash during Shippuden?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Kishi took a wrong turn on several things

rejecting side characters(tho a few shined)

made Naruto go from being about "being Hokage" to him being more about saving saskue(which I think ruined him as a character)

contradicting the the theme of "hardwork prevails" to then Naruto being a child of destiny, with no valid transition.

Naruto going from learning jutsus to get better as a ninja to just learning different variations of rasengan.

"he was the coolest guy" - :snoop:

and some others.

Last edited:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
It loss the comedy and flair it had in part 1. Sometimes simplicity is better than having to go into detail about a stupid haxed jutsu. Also the eye-fetish/Uchiha sabotaged the s***. I dislike damn near every Uchiha besides Obitio, and the psycho Sauce angle was :hhh:

The War arc just put the nail in a coffin for how low it fell. Reviving every character, space fruits, a**-pull final villains, unnecessary power ups :francis: S*** was just stupid. The conclusion to the pain arc is where I started to get real :patrice: about the direction it was heading.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
* It got too hyperfocused around the Uchiha clan, especially Sasuke. This character always had very few redeeming qualities, and it's hard to buy him as Naruto's actual friend.

* Naruto himself was ruined. His original motivation to become Hokage took a backseat to saving Sasuke, who frankly isn't worth saving to begin with. Also, the revelation that he's a child of destiny totally ruined the "determination and hard work trumps all" message that the first part had. What was the point of his fight with Neji then?

* Too many interesting side characters were sidelined to focus more and more on Sasuke. Shikamaru was one of the few great characters who stuck around.

* The characters got too OP to the point that they didn't feel like ninjas anymore.

* The end of the Pain arc where he brought everybody back to life :snoop:

There's more, but this is what really killed the series for me personally. There's the occasional dope fight here and there, and Kishi was smart enough to have Naruto wife Hinata in the end, which I give him points for. But overall, Shippuden is nowhere near the level of Part 1.

Jojo's, One Piece, DBZ, Fullmetal Alchemist >>>

EDIT: Hunter x Hunter is fire.

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
This boruto shyt exemplifies everything y'all said as a cash out too, like that shyt looks so overwhelming boring and uninteresting
It also didn't feel dark enough and the animation is pure fukking trash in all honesty. The creator just cashed out simple and plain, looking back at the pilot chapter for the manga I wish they went the route of him being a literal demon fox ninja in modern society it would've been much better for the story and probably would've ended more appropriately

Princ3

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atl
they went the DBZ route instead of just sticking to the intricate parts of ninja life
This. I remember when Naruto and Sasuke had to come up with an actual plan to save Kakashi from Zabuza. Had to use skill to trick him. If that confrontation was written today to would just be "and then Naruto used a reeeaaaaaly big Rasengan." :snoop: