Why did Dredd fail so miserably at the box office?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'll hand it to Snyder that he captured the look perfectly, and the cast (safe for that horrid skank Malin Akerman) was spot-on, but he failed to capture the deeper, more complex layers in the story completely. Part of that may be because of the movie format just being too limited for a story with such enormous complexity, but I never got the idea that Snyder bothered to try either.

Exactly. I like the movie don't love it and that's the reason why. He adapted the look and feel of it without really getting the point. The fact that they looked like superheroes and that it was shot like a superhero flick is the direct antithesis of what the story is about

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I saw dredd in theatres and loved it.

Now that people have given it a chance its found its audience.

But that audience has started over rating the hell out of it. Its a weird thing. People tend to do that to draw attention to a film that wasnt popular. Which is fine in principal but instead of people going in with low expectations and end up loving it they go in with huge expectations and leave disappointed.

Its a solid litle action movie but dont expect the world.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Dredd was bad ass to me. It was on that Punisher Warzone steez with all of the brutal looking gun battles and shyt. Movie was definitely slept on.

It did feel like The Raid Redemption with guns, but I wouldn't call it a rip off. It stands on it's own. I thought it was filmed real good.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Wanted to up this thread to add my recommendation....just saw it today and damn. shyt was pure crack definetly one of the best action movies to come out of hollywood in a long ass time. Damn shame it flopped in theatres. Its no wonder the action genre is basically dead in hollywood, they get a gem like this on their hands and totally fukk up the marketing :snoop: