Why did black ppl universally agree that Halle Berry was the GOAT black woman in the 90's-00's?

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
You out yo gotdamn mind. Sally Richardson, Jada Pinkett, Lela Rachon, Nia Long, Lark Vorhees, Kim Fields,Stacy Dash, etc....I could go on this nikka said Tyra was the only one who came close.

Come on bruh I don't get the Jada Pinkett or Nia long hype at all. they were short cute girls. That's it. Overrated if you ask me. I just don't see sex appeal. Halle berry was dressed down in Boomerang and still looked amazing. Didn't have to dress provocative and still looked better than Robin Givens and Lela Rochon.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
honestly, before the internet (Say 92-97), I didn't know she was biracial. I never heard anyone mention it back then.
She also didn't look it imo...I remember seeing Mariah Carey when she first came out in 93' and instantly knew she was biracial or something other than just black--it never crossed my mind with Halle.

Halle being biracial and having a white mother was a huge part of her story. In the early 90’s That was seen as something new

Daps
Halle being biracial and having a white mother was a huge part of her story. In the early 90’s That was seen as something new

The majority of people didn't even know she had a white mom around that time.

I've been blessed and old enough to have seen Jayne Kennedy (my late uncle was friends w/ Leon and I had my toddler hands on dem titties), Tracy Reed, Ola Ray, Vanessa Williams, Suzette Charles, Iman, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Vanessa Bell Calloway and Halle close up in their primes.

For the white broads, I've seen Linda Carter, Cheryl Ladd, Jaclyn Smith and Tanya Roberts up close.

Halle, both Vanessas and Tanya Roberts looked better in person. I couldn't stop looking at any of them. I know they had to be thinking, "Who in the hell is this wierd looking skinny kid that won't stop looking at me?"

Me:
giphy.gif

I met and saw all the above women above through my uncle's girlfriend at the time who did makeup for some of the hit shows.

P.S. Nichelle Nichols wasn't bad to look at either. She was older, but still fine. There used to be a chain department store back in the 70s and 80s called Nichol's (like K-Mart) where the owners would fly in actors to meet and greet people in the South. They used the Star Trek actors/actresses and Lee Majors/Lindsey Wager/Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman) a lot for some reason.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The majority of people didn't even know she had a white mom around that time.

I've been blessed and old enough to have seen Jayne Kennedy (my late uncle was friends w/ Leon and I had my toddler hands on dem titties), Tracy Reed, Ola Ray, Vanessa Williams, Suzette Charles, Iman, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Vanessa Bell Calloway and Halle close up in their primes.

For the white broads, I've seen Linda Carter, Cheryl Ladd, Jaclyn Smith and Tanya Roberts up close.

Halle, both Vanessas and Tanya Roberts looked better in person. I couldn't stop looking at any of them. I know they had to be thinking, "Who in the hell is this wierd looking skinny kid that won't stop looking at me?"

I met and saw all the above women above through my uncle's girlfriend at the time who did makeup for some of the hit shows.

P.S. Nichelle Nichols wasn't bad to look at either. She was older, but still fine. There used to be a chain department store back in the 70s and 80s called Nichol's (like K-Mart) where the owners would fly in actors to meet and greet people in the South. They used the Star Trek actors/actresses and Lee Majors/Lindsey Wager/Richard Anderson (Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman) a lot for some reason.

Underlined names are all in the HoF, if you ask me

*Except for SC. You're only the 3rd person since I've been online to mention (or who heard of) Suzette Charles.Even people from Jersey have no clue who she is..She's the answer to a trivia question
Both Vanessas appeared together in a film that I posted in the film section.....just search that section for my username

Daps
Underlined names are all in the HoF, if you ask me

*Except for SC. You're only the 3rd person since I've been online to mention (or who heard of) Suzette Charles.Even people from Jersey have no clue who she is..She's the answer to a trivia question
Both Vanessas appeared together in a film that I posted in the film section.....just search that section for my username

I saw her @ Pembroke State University, now known as UNC-Pembroke, on February 11th, Nineteen Eighty - Muthafukkin' Five. I'll never forget it. I interviewed her for my middle school newspaper. I asked her to kiss me on my cheek. I don't think I washed that area of my face for a whole week. The next time I see her is at the Tyson-Spinks fight on TV only to learn later that she, Bev Johnson and Robin Givens (she won) were vying for his attention.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I saw her @ Pembroke State University, now known as UNC-Pembroke, on February 11th, Nineteen Eighty - Muthafukkin' Five. I'll never forget it. I interviewed her for my middle school newspaper. I asked her to kiss me on my cheek. I don't think I washed that area of my face for a whole week. The next time I see her is at the Tyson-Spinks fight on TV only to learn later that she, Bev Johnson and Robin Givens (she won) were vying for his attention.
Good story.
To others reading this....when Vanessa Williams' crown was taken from her..Miss NJ, the runner up...aka Suzette Charles became Miss America by default
Tyson was getting it thrown at him from celeb women..hahahhah, and he chose the WRONG one.

The scandal turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to VW. She would have been forgotten otherwise. .....like every other Miss America.