Why did black ppl universally agree that Halle Berry was the GOAT black woman in the 90's-00's?

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
aiyanaalewis-1484852525428.jpg

Aiyannalewis the modern day halle :wow:

Whogivesafuck

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We used to have these discussions back in the day when I was a kid.Most guys went with Halle but I always like Lela Rochon more.:blessed:

egsteel

All Star
Daps
I don't know, she looked good but I thought some of the other black women in Hollywood looked better
Yea I never understood the Halle love either she just doesn't have much of a body. I think it had to do with the fact that she could act and looked good doing it.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking about this thread yesterday and I realized that the reason Halle Berry was considered the GOAT and she got the most accolades is because she was willing to sacrifice her beauty for her roles. Halle is willing to play the grungy crackhead, dead beat mother, the girl next door. People mentioned Nia Long but how many times have you seen Nia take risks with the roles she choose. Nia always plays the eye candy or someone sexy girlfriend. It's not that Halle is unparalleled in beauty, it's just that she is willing to take more risks. Her first role was a crack head and she was the prettiest crackhead to ever be seen on film.