Why did Android TVs, tablets, and smart watches fail?

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I’m an Apple guy through and through and have Android TV by proxy as I buy Sony TVs

Let me tell you that shyt is horrid. It’s so buggy, slow, crashes and what’s worse for me is the lack of care and attention. Like some sentences don’t have the right case, some menu options literally don’t let you choose anything.

Just seems like at the beginning they were happy to be this cool, geeky, development like OS. But now people want some polish out of them and they have nothing in return
What makes it even worst is that Google abandons their stuff like they never made it even when they do make good software, hardware. They have no commitment to anything that they make. :chrisbosh:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Google never made a properly integrated ecosystem among all the Android platforms. The average Android developer knows that while Android has the market share in smartphones, Android in other devices are completely fragmented. It's not worth all the extra work needed to be done.
This. They need to unify the experience and software. Without becoming Apple:scust:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Bruh, this was my delima when choosing between a Samsung TV and a Sony. That Tizen software on the Samsung is fire, but that Android TV on the Sony is hot garbage. Playing with it in the store and that shyt was lagging like a mf. Disjointed menus and lots of resets. However, the Sony is the much better TV at being a TV...picture was awesome for an LED TV. The Samsung was $400 cheaper than the Sony equivalent, so I went with it and will upgrade next year to OLED, but man is that Tizen software is nice on the Samsung.

That was like me and the LG OLEDs this year.

One thing that put me off LG were the advertisements you can’t remove.

I got the XF9 and it’s great. But AndroidTV still sucks on it. This TV has the fastest processor Sony do, no idea about RAM and it is better than my previous Sony. But still sluggish, multiple clicks, drops WiFi regularly.

But I jump straight to Amazon, Netflix and when I get my AppleTV it’s a wrap

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
didn't read most of thread.. but biggest issue is how splintered and fragmented it is..

andoid devices range from 20 bucks.. to 1000.... which 1s do y'all think provide the better expirience??

and apple makes Apple devices..

Google/samsung/lg/htc/Motorola/honor/OnePlus/Alcatel/Huawei/xiami(sp)/essential/.. y'all get the picture.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
That was like me and the LG OLEDs this year.

One thing that put me off LG were the advertisements you can’t remove.

I got the XF9 and it’s great. But AndroidTV still sucks on it. This TV has the fastest processor Sony do, no idea about RAM and it is better than my previous Sony. But still sluggish, multiple clicks, drops WiFi regularly.

But I jump straight to Amazon, Netflix and when I get my AppleTV it’s a wrap

Yeah, for pure picture quality, the Sony’s are hard to beat in that price range. My Samsung’s gonna be a perfect bedroom TV next year (cause it ain’t that great as a movie TV) and hopefully the price of the OLEDs larger than 65” will come down to the current 65” prices.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I’m an Apple guy through and through and have Android TV by proxy as I buy Sony TVs

Let me tell you that shyt is horrid. It’s so buggy, slow, crashes and what’s worse for me is the lack of care and attention. Like some sentences don’t have the right case, some menu options literally don’t let you choose anything.

Just seems like at the beginning they were happy to be this cool, geeky, development like OS. But now people want some polish out of them and they have nothing in return

I had andriod tv on a sony tv a had a few years back and it was great for me.. I had just bought my roku and after messing with my tv I took my roku back.. It worked well for the year I had it.. However I dont use it on my current tv so :manny:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I had an early Sony Android smart TV. It was great at first. Then all the apps started failing as they were suddenly no longer supported. That would NEVER happen in the Apple ecosystem.