Why did Alien: Convenant flop at the box office?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Also, am I reaching or is the airborne more spores way too similar in concept to the midchlorians from Star Wars?

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
The aliens were basically a creation of an Android. It just ruins the entire mystery of the species and wasn’t needed. The franchise has morphed from classic survival action horror to some weird pseudo intellectual bullshyt on creationism or whatever BS that overrated goober Scott is failing to convey
Yea I wanted to like this movie so much but this is what threw me off.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Man this shyt was some Netflix Original garbage.

I just got around to watching it...shyt was boring as fukk.

I had to make sure it wasn't that dumb ass Netflix Cloverfield movie. It looked just like that garbage, but then I saw Danny McBride so I continued it...but I regret wasting 2hrs on this shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I had a feeling you were going to say this. So you wanted the origin to remain a mystery?
Did they really need an origin? Why couldn't they have just been the dominant species from some alien planet? And when people have the misfortune of coming into contact with them bad shyt happens.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Is Ridley Scott the most inconsistent director of all time? Or did he just stop trying in regards to the Alien Franchise?

Prometheus had soooo much potential but he followed it up with this Sci-Fi Movie original bullshyt
He was great a while ago but lately he's been making utter trash and about to destroy his legacy with this Alien bullshyt. Didnt he say he gonna make more of these awful movies not even focusing on the Xenomorphs and more on David? Figures... we know how he feels about anything with a dark complexion :mjpls:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they really need an origin? Why couldn't they have just been the dominant species from some alien planet? And when people have the misfortune of coming into contact with them bad shyt happens.

So this fukks everything up?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'll probably like it.I loved Prometheus.

After ruining aliens in aliens three. By killing newt and moving it away from the dark horse comic lineage. At least we get to finally see how weyland corp came to be in film versions.
If you wanna reboot aliens it is rather simple.

You easily put Ripley back in the pod with newt and the baby head in a separate pod. Then start the movie from a damaged pod that carried an aged Ripley and a twenty sumfin old newt ready to fight and expose weyland and kill off the planet that David killed off.
Which of course happens during the next exterminate alien film premise of course.

Art Barr