Why can't Sony be bothered to create something like Xbox Smart Delivery?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I believe the better question is "why isn't it mandatory." They have a mechanism in place for transfers. They seemingly leave it up to the developer to implement. MS is definitely doing it better with smart delivery, though. A universal standard is less clunky and much more helpful for people worried about progress when upgrading versions.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Its a matter of focus. If Sony wanted to, they could get their engineers to implement something into the dev kits for it to work at a system level. It’s probably something they would’ve had to start a while ago...

But they choose to spend their money on actual games. First party games, moneyhatting timed exclusives, paying for big titles (Harry Potter/COD) marketing deals etc.

Microsoft is spending their money on backward compatibility, gamepass and buying studios that no one else could afford.

Its sad when we think about it: 15 studios (now 23) and not one of them had a game ready for the launch of the new console.

In regards to smart delivery, Microsoft has devs develop games on their Gamecore/General Development Kit. This is helps them make games for Xbox One, Xbox Series and Windows 10 DX12 at the same time. So its essentially the same game across these versions thats why its so easy to get smart delivery and save files to work across generations.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The usual suspects are in here with their capes on. :mjlol:

giphy.gif

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I've honestly defaulted to playing games on my tablet, the Wii U or Switch and the PS3 till the new consoles drop. Waiting on the XSX for my games to get a boost and on the PS5, I'm hesitant to start games on the PS4. Some, I'm waiting because I don't want the fan to blow up the console like TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima but others, no telling what Sony is going to do so I'll just wait till November.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If you have a ton of skins and other stuff from the PS4 version... And you played the hell out of the game this gen, why would you buy it again and need to carry your save over?
I didn't play the DLC and wanted to start with all the suits I've unlocked.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
reason why the spider-man remaster save doesnt carry over is because they are technically two different games.
Wont even have the same trophies.

in b4 "sony stans :mjlol:"
So are you suggesting it's impossible for software to be created to read the save file and generate a save for the new version that matches?

To me that seems like a decision they made. Their save files are proprietary so surely it can be done. This is by Sony directly mind you because they own Insomniac. It's not like they have to involve a 3rd party.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Their platform. Their choice.:yeshrug:And as you can see from this forum and many others, fanboys will go out of their way to defend publishers and justify this stuff any way they can so it is what it is. I'm not sure why you are only calling out Sony though when Nintendo is doing the same bullshyt wih their Switch games that were on the Wii U. Nintendo even had the audacity to charge more for Tropical Freeze too.:scust:
Difference is Nintendo's shyt was jailbroken a long time ago...no reason to complain