Why can Kevin Hart outlift 95% of the men on the coli?

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Be impressed by 225 by short arm man for 3 reps. I do this 10 reps no spot. BUT than again I'm 228 6'2''

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
you can tell who is frail and doesn't lift in this thread. short nikkas have it easier when lifting. theres a reason why most body builders are 5'5-5'10(:smugbiden:gang shyt), because it's easier to look impressive when your frame is small so you have less to fill out.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Excuses nikka excuses
It is a huge excuse

nikkas try to use this distance shyt when a short person can have long arms, a tall person can have short arms, etc.

On top of that, the bigger you are the more muscle you can carry. The EASIER it is to become stronger.

Shorter people gain muscle faster but there's only a certain size short people can naturally grow.

So if you're tall/big and can ONLY lift 225 10 times, yet you weigh 225lbs... That's not impressive. All that means is that you're in decent shape and can lift your bodyweight.

Now if a shorter person can knock out 15-20 reps of 225 weighing 175-200lbs then yeah... That's a lil more impressive.

You tall nikkas want a shorter distance, widen your grip and stick your chest out more like some power lifters do.

What Kevin did was cool for a nikka that's like 5'3 and 150lbs at the most maybe. And no, he can't out bench me.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It is a huge excuse

nikkas try to use this distance shyt when a short person can have long arms, a tall person can have short arms, etc.

On top of that, the bigger you are the more muscle you can carry. The EASIER it is to become stronger.

Shorter people gain muscle faster but there's only a certain size short people can naturally grow.

So if you're tall/big and can ONLY lift 225 10 times, yet you weigh 225lbs... That's not impressive. All that means is that you're in decent shape and can lift your bodyweight.

Now if a shorter person can knock out 15-20 reps of 225 weighing 175-200lbs then yeah... That's a lil more impressive.

You tall nikkas want a shorter distance, widen your grip and stick your chest out more like some power lifters do.

What Kevin did was cool for a nikka that's like 5'3 and 150lbs at the most maybe. And no, he can't out bench me.
I agree with everything except bold. I can't agree with that because a lot of cats ain't banging out 225 for 10+ even if they are that weight or more at the avg gym. I'd say maybe 20% at all of,the gyms I've been at since I've never went to one of those powerhouse type gyms as a member. I can agree if you weigh less its more impressive but if you getting 225 for 10reps to most people that's good that's why I disagree with that. Everything else I can roll with.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
4281218-6083399682-Brock.jpg

:comeon:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I agree with everything except bold. I can't agree with that because a lot of cats ain't banging out 225 for 10+ even if they are that weight or more at the avg gym. I'd say maybe 20% at all of,the gyms I've been at since I've never went to one of those powerhouse type gyms as a member. I can agree if you weigh less its more impressive but if you getting 225 for 10reps to most people that's good that's why I disagree with that. Everything else I can roll with.
If you're 225 bruh you should be able to knock out 225x10 bruh... That's how I was taught, no matter your height.

It was all about trying to get that 1.5-2.0x bodyweight lift (in benching at least).

So if you're 225lbs you should be throwing up 375-450 at least. That was my goal

I was 175 throwing up 365 back when I actually was serious... And I wasn't even really good at benching. I hated it honestly. I threw up 225 easily... 23 rep max was the highest.

Even today I can throw it up 15x's on my last set (did it last week). And im about 200lbs now needing to lose some fukking weight.

All I'm really saying is that height shyt is an excuse. If you're tall and can't lift that's your problem. I know there are different body types and these spider-looking basketball players... I'm not expecting them to lift themselves 10 times... At least once though maybe. You should be able to throw your own bodyweight up once. Just like you should be able to do at least 50 push-ups as a grown man unless you're old/hurt

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're 225 bruh you should be able to knock out 225x10 bruh... That's how I was taught, no matter your height.

It was all about trying to get that 1.5-2.0x bodyweight lift (in benching at least).

So if you're 225lbs you should be throwing up 375-450 at least. That was my goal

The longer your arms get the harder that shyt gets by a ton. Height plays a huge factor. Just from that comment you gotta be under 6'0 or else you would know it's a completely different game for taller dudes.

And 225 throwing up 375-450 AT LEAST? Bruh Mike Rashid is about 220-225 and can't even hit 450 clean. You think regular dudes should be doing at least that?

No way you lift and believe shyt like that.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The longer your arms get the harder that shyt gets by a ton. Height plays a huge factor. Just from that comment you gotta be under 6'0 or else you would know it's a completely different game for taller dudes.

And 225 throwing up 375-450 AT LEAST? Bruh Mike Rashid is about 220-225 and can't even hit 450 clean. You think dudes should be doing at least that?

No way you lift and believe shyt like that.
Stop with the excuse bruh.

The longer your arms, legs, torso, back the more fukking muscle it can hold.

More muscle = more strength. Like I said, if you have trouble lifting as a tall person fix your technique.

Short people plateau quicker in lifting especially naturally and clean.

And I don't know who fukking Mike Rashid is not do I give a fukk. Guranteed you an average NFL running back at 225 can toss up 400lbs with ease.... shyt maybe even college.

Go and look at powerlifters... Not bodybuilders, then come back with your excuses

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

I was 175 throwing up 365 back when I actually was serious... And I wasn't even really good at benching. I hated it honestly. I threw up 225 easily... 23 rep max was the highest.

Even today I can throw it up 15x's on my last set (did it last week). And im about 200lbs now needing to lose some fukking weight.

All I'm really saying is that height shyt is an excuse. If you're tall and can't lift that's your problem. I know there are different body types and these spider-looking basketball players... I'm not expecting them to lift themselves 10 times... At least once though maybe. You should be able to throw your own bodyweight up once. Just like you should be able to do at least 50 push-ups as a grown man unless you're old/hurt
It don't matter how you was taught. Everybody wasn't taught that way or do it that way. I'm also being realistic in that most people come to the gym after work and stuff like that so add that to it you aren't getting most people to do that at your avg gym. Maybe they should but if you betting on that don't put no money on it. That's all I'm saying if not in/trying to get to the league, a weightlifter of some type, or just love weights most dudes are good getting to maybe 315. 375-450 come on my dude how many cats you know doing that at the avg regular gym. That's all I'm saying. We definitely agree on the height as an excuse though. Also 50 push-ups? I think your workout views are warped by playing sports or something like that.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
225 at 150 pounds is impressive. I doubt most guys here can bench 135 8 times let alone 225 3 times.

I'm 5'6 162, and i can rep 245 3X6 times.

I need to see what my max is though.

Wouldn't 245 be your max though breh? Its up to you but personally I think guys go overboard with that "one rep max" shyt. That shyt is dangerous and you can kill yourself purposely trying to figure out what your "one rep max" is. Don't end up having a 260 pound weight fall on your neck trying to figure out a one rep max.

Safer to keep lifting the weights you can lift 3 or more reps of.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It don't matter how you was taught. Everybody wasn't taught that way or do it that way. I'm also being realistic in that most people come to the gym after work and stuff like that so add that to it you aren't getting most people to do that at your avg gym. Maybe they should but if you betting on that don't put no money on it. That's all I'm saying if not in/trying to get to the league, a weightlifter of some type, or just love weights most dudes are good getting to maybe 315. 375-450 come on my dude how many cats you know doing that at the avg regular gym. That's all I'm saying. We definitely agree on the height as an excuse though. Also 50 push-ups? I think your workout views are warped by playing sports or something like that.

I said you should be able to lift your bodyweight 10 times, just like you're supposed to be able to at least do 50 pushups. But that's just a goal for basic upperbody strength imo. Something people should work for when they go to a gym.

And I understand what ordinary people go to the gym for. I was also military, so running before work and lifting after wasn't uncommon. So I understand being tired after work. Im not saying anyone has to go and do shyt everyday but you should at least be able to do it... As a man anyway

And yes, I see people lifting 315+ in the gym all the time.. Usually because I go during the times they go.. Early morning, early afternoon, or late night when the fitness-clubbers are home. Again, everybody is not going to be able to do that.. It was an example for tall/big nikka excuses.