Why be a vegan if you're going to go through the effort of making fake meat products?

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
They didn't go vegan because they hate the taste of meat :manny: , it's generally because of some animal related guilt or health mumbo-jumbo they bought into.

Fake meat products allow them to have their cake and eat it too. They can have something that vaguely tastes like the meat related stuff they like whilst patting themselves on the back about sticking to their lifestyle. Also makes it easier for them to try to recruit more people into the vegan lifestyle.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I never got that either. My friend is vegan and he shows me meals that he prepares at home. All that shyt you got to put in there to make it taste like hamburger. You’re not eating meat but you’re going to die from all the sodium :russ:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I know somebody like this, she makes all kinda shyt and could probably start her own restaurant one day. Used to make fun her ass like You want some chicken soooo baddd :lolbron:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Confuses me too

They didn't go vegan because they hate the taste of meat :manny: , it's generally because of some animal related guilt or health mumbo-jumbo they bought into.

Fake meat products allow them to have their cake and eat it too. They can have something that vaguely tastes like the meat related stuff they like whilst patting themselves on the back about sticking to their lifestyle. Also makes it easier for them to try to recruit more people into the vegan lifestyle.
But those fake items are usually extremely high in both sodium AND estrogen

Daps
I'm not even vegan and this has to be one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard someone ask.

If you find it odd that a vegan might enjoy imitation meat products, why make an imitation of literally any product then?

What's the point of making diet soda?

Nylon?

The Detroit Lions?

Starter pistols?

Seedless grapes?

This is just some attempt to clown someone's dietary choices that are different than yours.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Because American vegan food sucks, but they don't want to eat real meat. not that complicated.

Realistically though, best way to go vegan is to eat indian food. Some dal or spinach curry is >>>>>>>>> Fake crab meat salads and imitation burgers. Indian cuisine has meat, but it has plenty of non meat dishes too, that aren't just attempts to copy meat.