why arent white african americans called african americans?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
nikka you know our ass ain't no damn American, first we were ******s, then negros, then colored, then black, then black American, and finally African American. We were never American and we never will be.

I don't even know why I'm even continuing this conversation, obviously you're just doing it on purpose. :snoop:
dude is not even black-american. He's a second generation african which is why i fail to see where he stands on this

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
They are African Americans. But we don't call them that for the same reason we don't call this guy a Latino

223107240-07093803.jpg

Or why we don't call this guy a European

Mario-Balotelli_0.jpg

Even though they really are.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By whom :comeon:

You use the same of line of reasoning as the Extreme-Right in Europe, for which sons of immigrants cannot be "European", and as the Lega Nord in Italy to say that "there are no Black Italians" (see: Kyenge, Balotelli).

Hell by your line of reasoning George Bush is "European", Micheal Jordan is "African" and only Native Americans are "Americans" :pachaha:

No one calls white people Africans because white people are Europeans. Italian isn't a race either; it's a nationality. Anyone can claim a nationality.

George Bush is white, Michael Jordan is black, that's their race. American is their nationality.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
No one calls white people Africans because white people are Europeans. Italian isn't a race either; it's a nationality. Anyone can claim a nationality.

George Bush is white, Michael Jordan is black, that's their race. American is their nationality.

The concept and distinction is self-evident.

Blacks are indigenous to Africa and therefore Africans. Whites are indigenous to Europe and therefore European. it doesn't matter if whites live in Africa, they are still white and European. Another name for "black" is "African". This is recognized almost universally. African and black are synonymous unless African is paired with the word North, in which case we are talking about North Africans (Arabs and Berbers).

Be consistent brehs. I'm done lol

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be consistent brehs. I'm done lol

You're retarded. Everything is consistent:

1. White people are Europeans. European is synonymous with the white race. Black people are African. African is synonymous with the black race.

2. George Bush is white, Michael Jordan is black. George Bush is racially European and Michael Jordan is racially African. Their nationalities are American.

3. Italian is a nationality but NOT a race. One may claim an Italian nationality but not the Italian race, which is white (mixed to a certain extent but white). This is what Balotelli does.

^

See, consistent.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
You're retarded. Everything is consistent:

1. White people are Europeans. European is synonymous with the white race. Black people are African. African is synonymous with the black race.

2. George Bush is white, Michael Jordan is black. George Bush is racially European and Michael Jordan is racially African. Their nationalities are American.

3. Italian is a nationality but NOT a race. One may claim an Italian nationality but not the Italian race, which is white (mixed to a certain extent but white). This is what Balotelli does.

^

See, consistent.

Breh, if you can seriously argue that George Bush is European, I don't know what to say.

I sometimes I were as ignorant, everything seems so easier.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, if you can seriously argue that George Bush is European, I don't know what to say.

He is a white guy. Yeah he's American but he's also white. European is synonymous with white, but we just say white.

I sometimes I were as ignorant,

This statement makes little sense, reminiscent of your weak refutations and counterarguments.

everything seems so easier.

No, I'm just smart and bring clarity.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
He is a white guy. Yeah he's American but he's also white. European is synonymous with white, but we just say white.

This statement makes little sense, reminiscent of your weak refutations and counterarguments.

No, I'm just smart and bring clarity.

It's actually amazing, real talk. I can only salute you.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
It's 2013, and people still believe that the color of your skin equates to what country you're from :deadmanny:

And the fact that everybody is originally from Africa throws a monkey wrench into your logic

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
<-----melinated brotha

These arguments proved nothing. Races were created for separation purposes. race has no significance besides what you give it

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The concept and distinction is self-evident.

Blacks are indigenous to Africa and therefore Africans. Whites are indigenous to Europe and therefore European. it doesn't matter if whites live in Africa, they are still white and European. Another name for "black" is "African". This is recognized almost universally. African and black are synonymous unless African is paired with the word North, in which case we are talking about North Africans (Arabs and Berbers).

/thread

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
No different from blacks being called African Americans, Asians being called Asian Americans , Mexicans being called Mexican Americans and so forth but whites not being called European Americans , they are just Americans.