why arent white african americans called african americans?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why south africans dont self-identify themselves as "african american"? Would they appreciate being referred to as African Americans? Do they refer to each other as Africans, and/or African Americans? This is a really bad thread.
They as African as any other African....

African is not a race....

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself why south africans dont self-identify themselves as "african american"? Would they appreciate being referred to as African Americans? Do they refer to each other as Africans, and/or African Americans? This is a really bad thread.

From a really bad/stupid poster. Tell me why the reason this dude assumes I'm white is cuz I said my parents have post graduate degrees :heh:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
They identify their race based on the cultures and customs of the nation they came from. Thats why a white man born in South Africa still identifies himself as Dutch.

I don't think any South African would identify himself as "Dutch", since that's another nationality. Maybe "Afrikaans", but the white South Africans I've known identify themselves as Africans. You have white Angolans, people in Madagascar of Indian descent, people in Senegal of Lebanese descent. Hell, then you have all of the Maghreb and Mashriq, in which people (NOT ALL) identify as Africans.

Listen, it's just that people need to stop thinking that all Africans are black, and that all Blacks are African. AAs on this site actually talking about places they've prob never been to and deciding who should be called what lol.

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
I don't think any South African would identify himself as "Dutch", since that's another nationality. Maybe "Afrikaans", but the white South Africans I've known identify themselves as Africans. You have white Angolans, people in Madagascar of Indian descent, people in Senegal of Lebanese descent. Hell, then you have all of the Maghreb and Mashriq, in which people (NOT ALL) identify as Africans.

Listen, it's just that people need to stop thinking that all Africans are black, and that all Blacks are African. AAs on this site actually talking about places they've prob never been to and deciding who should be called what lol.
thank u....these motherfukkers on here lack common sense

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A

You ask them what their background is they're going to trace it back to europe, not africa is the point. It doesnt help them to associate themselves with Black people so any term that allows them to separate themselves from black people will be used, is the point. They dont like black people, like that.

Last edited:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
From a really bad/stupid poster. Tell me why the reason this dude assumes I'm white is cuz I said my parents have post graduate degrees :heh:

Cats be on that hate diet? I dont know. Piece of advice, fam. When it comes to personal attacks, I wouldnt take this place so seriously. Just consider the source, and KIM. Things seem to be moving in the right direction for you in real life, and thats all that should matter.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

Oh they like to be referred to as African, that's why they created the Apartheid regime in order to separate blacks from whites, because they consider themselves African right?

orly.gif

No_bammer_weed

Daps
They as African as any other African....

African is not a race....

No doubt....run up on your south African people, and say "HEY MY AFRICAN BROTHA!"...you can put to the test if all that c00ning of yours had paid off, and they accept you as one of them.

God, you're so desperate for white acceptance. Interesting way to live

Last edited:

No_bammer_weed

Daps

A friend of mine recently visited south Africa, and she said it was the worst experience of her life. According to her, it was like a trip back into the 18th century. Im not sure what exactly you're trying to accomplish here.