why arent white african americans called african americans?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
What does that have to do with anything?

Blacks are not indigenous to North America but that doesn't stop me from calling myself American

You love playing the devil's advocate don't you?

Blacks didn't choose to come here, they were forced here, whitey took they ass to South Africa, North America, South America, Australia etc. ain't nobody invited them or asked them to go there.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Never understood why some people are so caught up on the semantics of this. It's really not hard, at all, to comprehend this.

Black/African/Afro/Negro Americans *recent* ancestors all come from Africa (Have to say recent, because I know you cacs already have your pre-loaded "But, all of our ancestors are from Africa" argument ready to go). Unfortunately, due to the evils of WHITE enslavement, diasporan blacks do not know the specific area in Africa from which their ancestors come from (Actually, we are all over the continent, but once again, different matter...). We can't say that we are "Nigerian" or "Gabonese", as a cac would say that they are "British" or "Italian" (Some of them knowing the fukking street on which distant ancestors grew up...they stole that from us). "African" is suffice. I'm okay with "Black American" as well, but the idea that African American is some confusing term is full of shyt. Use your brain.

I've heard some cacs say that "African American" is somehow a politically correct term...why? It's just describing an ethnic group. Cacs are the last people that need to be commenting on our ethnic identity anyways. Cacs mainly are just being condescending with this argument. It's beneficial for cacs to believe that African Americans have no "real" identity. They prefer to view us as just this distinct blob without a history. fukk em all.

The blacks that have a distaste for AA are either 1) Self-Hateful, view Africa as something negative, want to distance themselves from the continent; 2) Have simply internalized white arguments, being fooled into thinking that it's "logical" not to use the term "African" because "WE'S AIN'T NEVER BIN TA NO AFRIGA" ; 3) Are frightened cowards that don't want to be "divisive" ; or 4) Have bought into some silly flag-waving, liberal argument that "We are all Americans"and feel like AA is a separatist term.

If you're black, your ancestors come from Africa. America can be your homeland, but Africa is your motherland, and don't forget that.

As far as whites from Africa...they can be called what they actually are. Charlize Theron is South African, I'm guessing of Dutch or British descent. But some of these idiots want to play games. Some of these cacs/c00ns want to make an underhanded "point" against African Americans and make a semantic argument that she is "African American" (And half the time, these whites aren't even American nationals, making them NOT African-American even in the most obtuse, literal sense).

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I don't think any South African would identify himself as "Dutch", since that's another nationality. Maybe "Afrikaans", but the white South Africans I've known identify themselves as Africans. You have white Angolans, people in Madagascar of Indian descent, people in Senegal of Lebanese descent. Hell, then you have all of the Maghreb and Mashriq, in which people (NOT ALL) identify as Africans.

Listen, it's just that people need to stop thinking that all Africans are black, and that all Blacks are African. AAs on this site actually talking about places they've prob never been to and deciding who should be called what lol.
most black militants on here are very ignorant @No_bammer_weed ..

thanks for dropping knowledge

You love playing the devil's advocate don't you?

Blacks didn't choose to come here, they were forced here, whitey took they ass to South Africa, North America, South America, Australia etc. ain't nobody invited them or asked them to go there.
so because they went there by themselves they have lost the right to call themselves Africans?

And because your ancestors were shipped here you can call your self American even though you are a kneegrow?

Who made these rules :what:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
so because they went there by themselves they have lost the right to call themselves Africans?

And because your ancestors were shipped here you can call your self American even though you are a kneegrow?

Who made these rules :what:

nikka you know our ass ain't no damn American, first we were ******s, then negros, then colored, then black, then black American, and finally African American. We were never American and we never will be.

I don't even know why I'm even continuing this conversation, obviously you're just doing it on purpose. :snoop:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
nikka you know our ass ain't no damn American, first we were ******s, then negros, then colored, then black, then black American, and finally African American. We were never American and we never will be.

I don't even know why I'm even continuing this conversation, obviously you're just doing it on purpose. :snoop:

So you are saying it's wrong for a black person to call themselves American?

WTF????

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
If you wanna follow that logic shouldn't the political correct way of calling white people be "European Americans"? :comeon:

You say this like this isn't an appropriate term.

You also seem to be ignoring the fact that "European Americans", for the most part, do not need to use a continental adjective to describe their heritage...these people are German, or Italian, or Swedish, or some combination of things.

Every fukking summer, two blocks away from me, these cacs have a "Greek Festival". How many of those fukking Cacanopolis's have ever been to Greece?

Another point : Cacs benefit from the term "White". White is the umbrella from which they have been oppressing others for nearly a century. There was a time in American history where Wasps were Wasps and Italians were Italians, but cacs are the ones that ended this line of thinking for the more beneficial (to them) all-encompassing "whiteness".

Please explain what you mean by "politically correct way". I'm so sick of people throwing this term out willy nilly.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
You ask them what their background is they're going to trace it back to europe, not africa is the point. It doesnt help them to associate themselves with Black people so any term that allows them to separate themselves from black people will be used, is the point. They dont like black people, like that.

No shyt Sherlock, that's what people coming with other origins say every day. But I guess having different identities is too complex to understand for some.

Oh they like to be referred to as African, that's why they created the Apartheid regime in order to separate blacks from whites, because they consider themselves African right?

orly.gif

If you could understand that African does not equal Black, you might be able to understand some nuances. But I get the feeling you think only Blacks opposed apartheid anyway, so not much to discuss here.

A friend of mine recently visited south Africa, and she said it was the worst experience of her life. According to her, it was like a trip back into the 18th century. Im not sure what exactly you're trying to accomplish here.

Well I don't know your friend so I have no idea what mind-frame she went in, so I won't comment on that.

Only thing I'm trying to accomplish is explain to people who most prob have never been to Africa that it's a far more complex place that what their afro-centric pipe dreams might make them believe.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you could understand that African does not equal Black, you might be able to understand some nuances. But I get the feeling you think only Blacks opposed apartheid anyway, so not much to discuss here.

Black does equal African. Another colloquial name for Black is African. Whites cannot be African since they are white Europeans. It doesn't matter who did or did not oppose apartheid.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You MUST be trolling. Please tell me you're trolling.

The concept and distinction is self-evident.

Blacks are indigenous to Africa and therefore Africans. Whites are indigenous to Europe and therefore European. it doesn't matter if whites live in Africa, they are still white and European. Another name for "black" is "African". This is recognized almost universally. African and black are synonymous unless African is paired with the word North, in which case we are talking about North Africans (Arabs and Berbers).

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
The concept and distinction is self-evident.

Blacks are indigenous to Africa and therefore Africans. Whites are indigenous to Europe and therefore European. it doesn't matter if whites live in Africa, they are still white and European. Another name for "black" is "African". This is recognized almost universally. African and black are synonymous unless African is paired with the word North, in which case we are talking about North Africans (Arabs and Berbers).

By whom :comeon:

You use the same of line of reasoning as the Extreme-Right in Europe, for which sons of immigrants cannot be "European", and as the Lega Nord in Italy to say that "there are no Black Italians" (see: Kyenge, Balotelli).

Hell by your line of reasoning George Bush is "European", Micheal Jordan is "African" and only Native Americans are "Americans" :pachaha: