Why are they going with Hall Jordan and not Jon Stewart?

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I heard that DB Woolside guy from the show lucifer may want the role of John. And Tyrese Gibson been going hard for that role :lolbron:

DB would be a dope choice. Tyreese goes hard for anything. I like the enthusiasm but I don't see him being that stern and gruff

I've always enjoyed DB but I kind of hate his acting. I don't know what it is and I can't really explain it.

You know I didn't really have a stake in Green lantern until people were putting idris up for the role. He seemed perfect to me.

I think Tyrese needs to stay away from franchises for a bit and get his acting chops up with smaller films that have decent writers and directors.

A movie with them all would be dope af

Hal Jordan: Armie Hammer

Jon Stewart: Tyrese Gibson

Kyle Rayner: Frankie Muniz

Guy Gardner: Charlie Hunnam

I would boycott that casting just on principle and I don't give one fukk about green lantern. That sounds truly awful.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
I've always enjoyed DB but I kind of hate his acting. I don't know what it is and I can't really explain it.

You know I didn't really have a stake in Green lantern until people were putting idris up for the role. He seemed perfect to me.

I think Tyrese needs to stay away from franchises for a bit and get his acting chops up with smaller films that have decent writers and directors.

I would boycott that casting just on principle and I don't give one fukk about green lantern.

My boy Frankie comeback role :lolbron:. Needed a more white looking hispanic for Kyle Rayner of course

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Same thing with many others I know.
I am a comichead myself, but on numerous occassion I have had to explain to people that are unfamiliar with the Batman comics that there is more than one Robin. So I can completely see that.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

And also, if you are 20 or under... let me ask you this... We'll take it outta DC for a moment, Were you aware that there is a white Nick Fury?
I'm 24 and I wasn't aware of a white Nick Fury but tbh I wasn't aware of Nick Fury or any of the Avengers in general. Only Marvel I knew before their cinematic universe was Spiderman, X men, and the Hulk.

I'm not a comic book head but I was aware of the different Robins.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Hal Jordan?
3979615-4181204074-itadD.gif

:scusthov:

No thanks.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Let's not forget before the GL movie Common was cast to play John in Justice League..

The Corps movie will focus on Hal and John mainly I heard

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I'm 24 and I wasn't aware of a white Nick Fury but tbh I wasn't aware of Nick Fury or any of the Avengers in general. Only Marvel I knew before their cinematic universe was Spiderman, X men, and the Hulk.

I'm not a comic book head but I was aware of the different Robins.

That was my question simply to illustrate that what the youth understand to be Green Lantern is what matters, not what is traditional.

See... Not only is there a white Nick Fury, the white one was the original and has been the definitive version from 1940s to 2000, complete with comics, cartoon and video game appearances... but none of those 60 years of backstory matter. All people under 25 know and understand is the Sam Jackson version.

To the kids them using the white green lantern is like them using the white Nick Fury.
Thats not what they came to see.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
Hal Jordan is more popular for comic heads, but they not the ones supporting the cartoons and movies.

It's simple. Hal Jordan had a movie AND a cartoon series that both flopped.. John Stewart is more popular on screen and overall media.

John is what the people want in the mainstream. Not Hal.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no need for the gl movie to focus on just 1 lantern....it's supposed to be a corps movie, which to me, is the way to go...not only does it show the lanterns are more than just 1 or so people, it's an easy way to expand the movie universe....

if you talking about the jl movie, i think jon would be the way to go...yea, hal is the one people think of from comics, but jon is the one people know from the cartoons....plus, it'll show that wb is serious about trying to be the multi-cultural universe....

as for casting:

- aldois hodge (from leverage and mc ren in soc) should be jon...
- james cann (danny on hawaii 5-0/turk from the ocean movies) should be guy....

- as for hal, thought chris pine wouldve been a great choice, but they using him in ww, so i dont know, have to think about it....same goes for kyle, havent thought about it....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cast Jake Gyllenhall as Hal Jordan and Denzel Washington as John Stewart...make it into Lethal Weapon in Space!!!!!:troll: