Why are they going with Hall Jordan and not Jon Stewart?

Daps
Dudes are caping hard for John Stewart in here.. I'm 32 been reading comics since I learned to read and to me Hal Jordan is the definitive Green Lantern

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I can see why people want Stewart however, even with that Hal Jordan is the main and prob the only GL character non comic readers know, no studio is making a movie to be a success with the comic crowd only, they want EVERYONE

besides.. my favourite is Kyle, need a white lantern in this GL Corps movie, prob at the end highlight the gawd getting all the rings :banderas:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
please please please... stfu.

Hal Jordan IS green lantern. every other lantern is a supporting character, whether u like it or not. and just because john stewart is the most recent green lantern, it doesnt make him the most popular.

u really think DC would be flushing money on that wack ass green lantern corps comic if they could just roll out a monthly starring stewart instead?

u think it's a coincidence the only green lantern who's been able to hold down a solo consistently is hal (and now sinestro)? here's a hint: it's because they move units, and the rest of the mythos only seem to work as a package deal (orange lantern? flop. red lanterns? flop. etc etc).

what storyline revived the green lantern mythos and made the entire line popular enough to warrant that disaster of a ryan reynolds flick? green lantern: rebirth. featuring the return of the hal jordan.

before snyder and capullo took over batman, what was DC's #1 monthly for years? green lantern. starring who? hal jordan. not green lantern corps, starring john stewart (although by ur logic, stewart being sidelined to a group book is also indicative of racism).

what sucks is that stewart is one of a handful of minority characters that DC has gotten right, while marvel has stepped their game up in that realm... marvelously. but unfortunately, stewart will always be anywhere from #2 to #4 in his own mythos.

more popular than hal jordan? only someone stanning the JL cartoons would actually believe that. otherwise no. you're wrong. and to say it's racist (when if anything, it was a matter of fortune, since the person who revived the franchise made Hal the star again)... man listen, if you dont know what you're talking about, then just stfu and keep it moving. because anyone who knows comics knows your logic is flimsy as fukk.

If I ask one of these kids who is Catwoman the answer is Halle Berry. :dead:
If has nothing to do with the performance, its all they know.
They don't remember Michelle Piefer just cause I do... and I don't remember Eartha Kit just cause my mom does.
You are out of touch with the youth breh. :umad:

Even casual comic readers aren't reading green lantern. Only comicheads. So If you believe the entirety of the green lantern comics from 1940 to now is more influential to a 13 - 25 year old moviegoer in 2016 than the DC animated universe, you are dellusional, and thats coming from a comic collector. (I own several thousand comics so thats in no way a sleight at the comics themselves... Thats just the reality of the situation.)

The youth don't identify with Jordan. Kobe's their dad's hero, not theirs. They all got on Steph Curry jerseys and you hate it.
:banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That's when the rumor was Chris Pine would play Hal and they were looking for cats to play John but clearly Pine isn't playing Hal

I'm interested in your take on why Pine would choose to be Gal Gadot's supporting love interest instead of STARRING as Hal Jordan in the GL Corps movie. I gave that news the looooonnnnggggg side eye when it was announced he had a choice and CHOSE Wonder Wokan over Green Lantern

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm interested in your take on why Pine would choose to be Gal Gadot's supporting n love interest instead of STARRING as Hal Jordan in the GL Corps movie. I gave that news the looooonnnnggggg side eye when it was announced he had a choice and CHOSE Wonder Wokan over Green Lantern

If the rumor is true that he chose that role over the other one, it either means he isn't interested in GL, has no desire to do another space movie since he's still going to be Kirk for at least one more movie, and maybe because of that wants to play another supporting role rather than a main role. OR he just prefers to be in wonder woman than GL:manny:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
If I ask one of these kids who is Catwoman the answer is Halle Berry. :dead:
If has nothing to do with the performance, its all they know.
They don't remember Michelle Piefer just cause I do... and I don't remember Eartha Kit just cause my mom does.
You are out of touch with the youth breh. :umad:

Even casual comic readers aren't reading green lantern. Only comicheads. So If you believe the entirety of the green lantern comics from 1940 to now is more influential to a 13 - 25 year old moviegoer in 2016 than the DC animated universe, you are dellusional, and thats coming from a comic collector. (I own several thousand comics so thats in no way a sleight at the comics themselves... Thats just the reality of the situation.)

The youth don't identify with Jordan. Kobe's their dad's hero, not theirs. They all got on Steph Curry jerseys and you hate it.
:banderas:
your ages is off. nobody who is a teenager now watched the dc animated universe.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe for one second they offered Chris Pine GL. He went with Wonder Woman because that was his only choice.

To be clear, I believe Warners had discussions with Pine over the role, just like they did Tyrese and Idris. But I don't believe they offered Pine GL and he turned it down to be in Wonder Woman.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
your ages is off. nobody who is a teenager now watched the dc animated universe.

An 8 year old watching JLU in 2006 would be 18 now.

Not even talking about netflix hulu... etc Just mean somekid watching on Cartoon Network back in 2006.

See, comics are much more of an exclusive media in terms of circulation.
The majority of people that have never read Marvel: Civil War or Batman: Killing Joke never will. And its not the type of thing you find by accident.
But the likelyhood of a kid stumbling across an episode of JLU between cable/directtv/youtube/netflix/hulu is extremely high. Its just the nature of the medium.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
As a person who only watched CN and didn't read a single comic, I was confused af when Hal Jordan was introduced. My dad had to tell me about him :yeshrug:
Same thing with many others I know.
I am a comichead myself, but on numerous occassion I have had to explain to people that are unfamiliar with the Batman comics that there is more than one Robin. So I can completely see that.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

And also, if you are 20 or under... let me ask you this... We'll take it outta DC for a moment, Were you aware that there is a white Nick Fury?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
An 8 year old watching JLU in 2006 would be 18 now.

Not even talking about netflix hulu... etc Just mean somekid watching on Cartoon Network back in 2006.

See, comics are much more of an exclusive media in terms of circulation.
The majority of people that have never read Marvel: Civil War or Batman: Killing Joke never will. And its not the type of thing you find by accident.
But the likelyhood of a kid stumbling across an episode of JLU between cable/directtv/youtube/netflix/hulu is extremely high. Its just the nature of the medium.
you got a point there but you said from 13-25, the early teens would have been too young. the likelyhood of them playing lego batman, playing mortal kombat vs dc, playing injustice, watching the green lantern cartoon, watching the green lantern movie, watching the dc animated movies is even higher . you're dismissing too much shyt that's happened since that show the show has been canceled.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
you got a point there but you said from 13-25, the early teens would have been too young. the likelyhood of them playing lego batman, playing mortal kombat vs dc, playing injustice, watching the green lantern cartoon, watching the green lantern movie, watching the dc animated movies is even higher . you're dismissing too much shyt that's happened since that show the show has been canceled.

Oh I'm not dismissing it. Just trying to use a perspective that proportionallizes everything.
For example, JLU and Young Justice were popular. Extremely so.
The Green Lantern cartoon simply was not.

The DCvMK video game is an extremely good case for Hal. It leaves kids thinking of him as cool.
The movie is not a good look for him on the other hand. So its all proportional.

I wasn't dismissing that stuff tho, just emphasing the impact of dcau.